Monday, May 20, 2024

Week in Review (May 7 - May 13)

Tuesday (16,442 steps) - Peloton before working in the office. Cross training at lunch. Ben got off work early enough that I was able to meet him at New Terrain for the cat takeover event! Ideally, I would love it if Batman could have gone, but he doesn't really love being in his backpack, nor does he like being in the car. We did get to see OTHER cats (including our friend's bengal, Bones, so that was fun). Kong sponsored the event and even though the cats didn't attend, they still got a goodie bag, including the snazzy bandanas they now wear.

Wednesday (24,000 steps) - Work in the office. On the fence about where I wanted to run after work and ended up just going to Big Dry Creek. On the way there I remembered how much Ben and I had enjoyed listening to the livestream while we were finishing the race, so I was trying to listen to that while I did my progression run. Unfortunately, I wasn't in great cell service range so it kept cutting out - but by all accounts it was a close race between first and second place. 
Thursday (22,500 steps) - I wasn't feeling very motivated but wanted to get my run done in the morning again, so I headed out thinking I would have to run on the roads because I'd seen online that part of the lake trails would be closed. When I ran by, they seemed open, so I ended up hopping on the trails for the way back. Slow and seemed hard. Glad to have it done. 
Work from home, took Olive for a walk at lunch. 
Friday (18,936 steps) - Wash Park and Stella's. I had plans at lunch to go to Tupelo Honey with Nicole for our birthdays. I think we have done this tradition almost every year we've worked together (except 2020) since our birthdays are only two weeks apart. Food was good and it was nice to catch up with her.
Ben had a... rough day and we met up for a beer at 4 Noses and then took Olive for a walk. 
Saturday (36,912 steps) - Ben wasn't recovered from his long night of "partying" so I got up and headed up to Boulder solo for the adventure day with Larry and Terri. We had plans to meet at 8, but the lot was already full! Met back up at the big free lot and luckily on our way back we were able to get the last parking spot across the road. I had no idea what we had planned. I had brought my poles and probably should have been using them. We went up Mesa from the lot and headed up South Boulder Peak and Bear (which we decided we didn't care if we summitted or not). 


The weather was perfect for this type of adventure day, somehow I was even a tiny bit chilly when we got closer to the top.





Somehow I had never gone down the trail from Bear. I think I had mapped it a few years ago and the trail had been closed. I did enjoy it - a nice single track that wasn't too crazy. I had NO idea where we were going to come out - but then we arrived at Bear and I knew we had quite a few miles to get back to the car. 
Ended up with over 12 miles and over 3,000' of gain. A bit more beefy than I expected, but it was a good day and will be good training for Summit. I let Ben know that we were going to go to Murphy's for a snack and a beer and he met us there. We have been there quite a few times and didn't know that there was a whole other menu that we could order off - I got grilled cheese and tomato soup - yum!!
Took Olive for a walk when we got back while Ben continued working in the backyard. 

Sunday (22,295 steps) - Ariel had sneaked out to surprise me for Mother's Day! She brought me a coffee from Dutch Bros. and made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. She also got me flowers and a cute Squish. What a great morning!
Ben and I had plans to meet up with Lisa and Kristin for a run. I was not looking forward to it and I was very sore and still tired from our big adventure day. It was actually perfect running weather when we started. At times, though, there was thunder, lightning, rain and even hail. 



So we had a bit of everything. At least we got back to the car about 3 minutes after the really heavy rain started. We went to Parry's for a snack and a beer. Home to take Olive for a walk and shower and then over to Rachelle's house for Mother's Day burritos. Rachelle got a new puppy, isn't he the cutest??
We decided to take Olive to 4 Noses and were surprised to not get rained out. 
Monday (21,516 steps) - Ariel's very last day of high school classes?! How?!

I have to add in her first day of preschool picture - we've been doing first/last day of school pictures for 14(?) years!!
Work from home. Ben called in sick so that he could do more work on the yard and we were actually going to be getting a mulch delivery. We went for a run and then took Olive for a walk. Ben and I went to Parry's for a lunch special, which was delicious like always.
We did a second set of pictures after Ariel got home because she wanted her hair to be dry. Olive still can't seem to figure out pictures. Or  her name.
Took Olive for a walk in the evening.

Stats:
  • 162,601 steps
  • 37.89 miles run
  • 22.18 miles walked
  • 40 minutes of cardio
  • 40 minutes of strength

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Kettle Moraine 100 (Race Recap)

LaGrange, WI Saturday, June 8 100 mile attempt ? Weather - overcast and humid, rain Race Day I had to get up at 4 am to ensure I had time to...