Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Week in Review (September 5 - September 11)

Tuesday (12,896 steps) - I had planned to work from home the whole day, so I did my ride a little later than usual.
I ended up having to go into the office for a few hours to get some stuff done, but still better than early morning rush hour and being there all day. Finally heard from the shop about A's car - a new fuel pump and relay, but they didn't have the parts, so her car was going to be in the shop for a while. Sigh. Took Olive for a late night walk and she just loves her bee costume!
Plus, it was a REALLY pretty sunset.

Wednesday (18,324 steps) - Work in the office. For the first weekday in a long time, I had to arrange for a dog walker since A wouldn't have a car to get home at lunch. After work I did my run at Rock Creek and it was mildly awful. I had a "hill" run on schedule but according to Greg, "nothing crazy" - it was hot and I actually had to walk a bit mid run, which I haven't had to do in ages (but to be fair, it was the hilly part). Plus, my heart rate was pretty high. Met Ben for a beer then walked Olive. Another pretty sunset!
Thursday (18,848 steps) - Work from home. Had what should have been an easy run with strides. Definitely did not feel "easy," but I got it done. Just checking the box on this one.
Took Olive for a walk at lunch.

Who knows what else?
Friday (10,656 steps) - Had to skip Wash Park since A's car was STILL in the shop. Went to work in the office, but headed out at lunch time to finish the day at home because A had a doctor's appointment AND I didn't have a dog walker available for Olive. Thankfully, I got the call shortly before getting off work that A's car was ready to be picked up. Bill was "only" $1,300, so I guess it could have been worse. Ugh.
Saturday (24,719 steps) - A and I were up before the crack of dawn to head down to Littleton for her XC race. I had switched my Saturday and Sunday runs and only had 3 miles to do. So, I did what any normal person would do, I ran the same course that A would be racing. Definitely think I was the slowest person to run it that day, haha.
Ben came down to spectate and A had a great race, edging out a new PR! 


Ben and I stopped at Dutch Bros. on the way home. We took Olive for a walk. I have no recollection of what else happened, but I did meet up with Ben for dinner at Torchy's. 
Sunday (30,364 steps) - Had my long run on schedule, and since I've been struggling a bit with recovery, was going to hike/run the loop I like in Boulder. We FINALLY have had a break in the temperatures and it was quite the pleasant morning.

Stopped for a beer on the way home before walking Olive. Then it was a trip to Costco and a late lunch/early dinner at Torchy's (yes, again). We watched a movie.
Monday (19,401 steps) - Work from home. Went for a run that (FINALLY) felt easy, took Olive for a walk. I had a dentist appointment in the afternoon and met Ben at New Terrain.
Made dinner and took Olive for a walk (in her bee costume again). Started watching Homeland, because it's been a while since I've been able to obsess about a "new" show.

Stats:
  • 135,208 steps
  • 27.78 miles run
  • 30 minutes of cardio
  • 10 minutes of strength

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 30 to May 6)

Tuesday  (17,627 steps) - Peloton ride before working in the office. Did my strength training after lunch. Left right after work to go to A&...