Thursday, October 18, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1. Now that I (hopefully) have the knee under control, I'm still back to a problem/ache that has been bothering me on and off for practically ever. I asked my PT about it, but with insurance limiting my visits and the main concern being the knee, it hasn't been addressed.

The damn tight calves. It is super painful, and it really prevents speed and duration. I have done NUMEROUS things on my own to try to fix this:
  • Stretch - before and after
  • Epsom salt baths
  • Foam roll (also stick & lacrosse ball)
  • Compression socks/sleeves pretty much 24/7
I don't know what else to try, but it SUCKS and I want to get it taken care of. When it  strikes while running, the only thing that gives me any relief is walking. And that's obviously counter-productive.

2. I am running a 50k on Saturday. OF COURSE I AM. Doesn't that make sense after the last few months I've been having? Only my 3rd 50k and only a few weeks after my last one. I'm sure it will be fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine......

3. Today is L's birthday! We are going to lunch, having dinner/cake with the family and THEN we are going to the Madonna concert!! Happy XXth Birthday, L!!

6 comments:

  1. madonna?? wow! she is still touring? I would love to see her. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. although the calves can be tricky to do this for, have you gotten a massage on that area? I don't know if it would help or make things worse, just a thought. Happy Birthday to L!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you can tru to get a massage by a chiropractor or PT. Check groupon, sometimes they have good deals, at least in VA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday L!

    BTW, decided what's the next big goal for you gals? 50k in 50 states perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the calves. I also struggle with that. I've found the things that work for me are rolling with a softball and propping The Stick across two foam rollers and just rolling my calves out as hard as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday L! madonna-SO awesome. jealous. hope it was fun!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (March 19 - March 25)

Tuesday  (12,786 steps) - Work in the office. Since Ariel is in France, I had to hire a dog walker for the first time in a VERY long time (l...