Thursday, December 26, 2019

Week in Review (December 17 - December 23)

Tuesday (19,505 steps) - Strength class during lunch. Milk Market run club! We met at Engine Room instead, since Milk Market was closed for a private party.
It was cold, and we did a crazy thing - RAN OUR LOOP IN REVERSE. I struggled a bit with this one again, but it's always nice to run with Paula. Pizza!


Wednesday (21,744 steps) - Core class during lunch. Runners Roost Boulder! Ariel didn't come because she was volunteering at family dinner night at school. Ben brought Pika and was confident that she would be able to run the entire loop. They were a little late coming in, so we started without them and they met us at the trail head. I really really really really struggled through this one. I don't know if it's the combination of the low miles I've been putting in (basically since Tahoe), general fatigue, or what. But man, this one sucked. Trails were pretty icy, but it was nice to be back out on them!
Fun night with a "holiday party" after, when I picked up our custom Hydro Flasks for running over 200 miles with the group this year!
Ben and I stopped at Buffalo Wild Wings on the way home.
Thursday (24,465 steps) - Left work a few minutes early to run extra miles at Berkeley Park. The first couple miles weren't great, and I really struggled with... everything, especially breathing and being tired. The last few miles weren't bad, but I finally got in a second 6+ mile run during the week.





Met Ben and Ariel at the store. A decided to stay at the shop with Phil, Ben ran with the group & I took Pika for a walk around the lake. THEN, we went to Goldspot for the last trivia of the year with Greg.
After doing so awesome in previous tournaments, we came in LAST. Boo, hiss.
Friday (9,213 steps) - No core class today because my trainer wasn't working. Nothing else.
Saturday (40,065 steps) - Up early for a long run. Runners Edge was doing an informal trail run way down in Castle Rock, but that seemed too far to drive, so I headed alone to Boulder to run the Dirty Bismark loop. I started right at 7:30 and thought I would be running about 15 miles. Turns out I made some weird turns and my "15" mile run ended up being nearly 17 miles.






The trails were actually in pretty decent shape, although by the time I was finishing it was a tad muddy. Right as I was finishing, Ang sent me a text that she was on her way to meet us for breakfast. I had Ariel head there first, and I arrived only about 10 minutes late. Good catching up with her. Ben and I took Pika for a walk and then went to Denver Beer so I could try the new Cinnamon Toast Crunch graham cracker porter.

Olde Town Arvada Square
Picked up Torchy's for dinner.
Sunday (14,244 steps) - SLEPT IN. We all went to the grocery store to buy food for Christmas dinner. Ben and I went to Diebolt to meet up with everyone for the ugly sweater beer run. I'm glad I was smart enough to wear a festive singlet underneath my ugly sweater as it was really warm!



Good to see everyone. Ended up having a weird night with Ben & Ariel napping, so I took Pika for a walk and then had cheese and crackers for dinner.
Monday (7,748 steps) - Core class during lunch. Met Ben, A and Greg at Kokopelli for pizza and beer.
Ben and Ariel surprised me with a REAL CHRISTMAS TREE! We spent the evening putting ornaments and lights on the tree. 



As you can see, Pika was a tad leery of a squirming Batman Sour right behind her. Unexpectedly fun evening!

Stats:
  • 136,984 steps
  • 43.7 miles run (well that escalated...)
  • Three gym classes
Random:

Sooooo..... it's time to admit that I have to get back on the "counting calories" and/or "quit drinking so much beer" train. My weight has been heavier than I would like for a few years now, and is bordering on what I'd call "The Danger Zone." Ugh. I'm not posting a number, but I really could stand to lose about 15 pounds, and it seems that with my first race of 2020 coming up in just a few weeks, and a road marathon in just a few months, now is as good a time as any to start. Sigh. #noteatingallthethings really sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (March 19 - March 25)

Tuesday  (12,786 steps) - Work in the office. Since Ariel is in France, I had to hire a dog walker for the first time in a VERY long time (l...