Monday, October 4
|Loving the Zensah argyle socks!|
I'm not gonna lie. This one was tough. And made exponentially more annoying by the fact that my Yurbuds seem to be dead? They still play music, but after having them a few months they slid out of my ears about a zillion times. Which was SUPER annoying. Guess I need to order a new pair (or two).
Now. The freak outs.
Freak out #1: The Double Header
In an effort to save money and travel less, L and I have booked a few double headers - back to back races on the same weekend. This weekend is my first one. And I'm started to LOSE IT:
- I'm coming off injury. While The Foot seems better, my left quad (same one I injured before Christmas) has felt... off. I've been using the stick and massaging. I need to keep an eye on that.
- Time limits on both courses. Saturday is the ING Hartford in CT, with a limit of 3 hours, and Sunday is Boston in MA, with a limit of 2.5 hours. Normally (with 10 half marathons already completed) I would not be worried. The Boston one though? The day after racing? I'm freakin.
- The course profile for Hartford. Looks hilly. :(
- The course profile for Boston is non-existent but is described as a "rolling" course.
- Um, 26 days away???????????
- No long run over 16.7 miles completed (thanks stupid Foot)
- No plane ticket yet???? I've sent a few emails with no response. I am Queen of planning and this is very troublesome to me.
- I'm doing this completely alone. I don't know anyone else doing this race, and none of my family will be there and L couldn't raise enough money. Sucky :(