I had hypothetically planned on this being my first week of "maintaining" my weight since I hit my initial weight loss goal last week. Again, I did not track any food whatsoever. Again, I consumed a decent amount of beer. I pretty much ate all the things on Friday night. I was fairly confident that I wouldn't see much of a change this week.
Tuesday - Lovely 5ish mile trail run up at Marshall Mesa. Honestly, this renewed my love of running. I had the best time. Just about everything about this was perfect.
Wednesday - Tank top arms & abs/obliques in the morning, and a 3ish mile run with run club at night. I was a bit sore from my trail run the night before so I ran a bit less and slower than usual. But the rewards!!! Ice cream cake, beer, and then a group of us went to Garbanzo's (Mediterranean) for dinner later. Delicious!!
Thursday - 15 minutes total body yoga. I wasn't super impressed while I was doing it, but I was a bit sore the next day so maybe I'll give this one another chance. After dinner I met up with a friend for a few beers at a new brewery right down the street from my house. It's so strange to not wear running clothes.
Friday - Nada. I briefly thought about doing the arms/abs workout but figured I could use a break. I spent 5 or so hours in the car driving to Grand Mesa (western Colorado). I had lots of beer and snack foods. Yum yum.
Saturday - Grand Mesa 60k!
Monday - Since I was not feeling sore from Grand Mesa (???) I went to the gym and ran 5ish miles on the treadmill. When I got home, A and I tried another new video - Butt and Thighs. We also spent some time practicing our handstands!
Another EXCELLENT week. I can definitely feel these videos working and even texted Heather the other day that I am actually beginning to see the outline of... ABS. I have never in my entire life had definable abs! This is exciting! I got in a lot of miles and since they were slow they were all pain free.
Weekly Loss - 2.0 pounds
Loss Since April 30 - 18 pounds
- Apparently, I suck at "maintain" mode.
- I am really not hungry ever. I eat my main meals and hit a decent number of calories, but I guess in comparison to the amount of exercise I get I'm probably not eating enough? I can't stomach the thought of eating more (WHO AM I??) so this might take some deeper evaluation.
- Still having beer and still loving it. Beer is my favorite.
- Most of my work clothes are very loose. I am debating if it is worth "tailoring" anything (nothing I have is super expensive, but I have a decent amount of clothes), or if I just want to go out and buy a few basic pieces?
- I am really REALLY happy that I have seem to have found my running mojo again!! I forgot what it is like to not dread every single workout.
- I have renewed my ambassadorship with INKnBURN. If you still have never had the opportunity to check them out, as a new customer use code BeckaToldMe, set up an online account and you can save 15% on your ENTIRE purchase.