Bored at work yesterday, I was reading some of my older blog entries and came across one (from August, 2010), where I tried compression socks for the first time. I have been a huge fan of funky knee socks since my teenage years. And compression socks made that totally acceptable, EVEN FOR RUNNING.
Personally, I think they are adorable, especially when paired with a cute running skirt.
My go-to brand for socks is of course Pro Compression. What do I love about them?
- MADE IN THE USA. It is SO rare to find something made in the United States anymore, and I love supporting products that are made here.
- Funky colors! I have socks in every color of the rainbow, as well as a few of their "limited edition" socks like the "Retro" sock that was just released this month. AREN'T THESE AMAZING?
- They actually have socks that fit my feet!! Unlike most brands, there is a "third" size! I wear a 6.5-7 in shoes, so it is a bummer to wear a ladies sock that is meant for sizes 6-10. That inevitably means that the heel isn't going to sit right and there will be to much fabric. The XS is perfect for me!
- Most of the time I wear the knee socks, but once in a while I like a low sock so I can try to even out my runner tan line. I love that they make a compression ANKLE sock (and still in the funky colors!)
- They run specials EVERY month. They choose a "sock of the month" and offer for 40% off, with FREE SHIPPING. That makes their socks very competitively priced at just $30! The code this month is JULY and is actually good on their entire product line!
|The yellow socks were the perfect addition to my Donald costume!|