Sunday, June 27, 2010

Outdoor Training Run - Big Dry Creek Trail - Sunday, June 27

It was yet another hot day. Probably about 80 when we set out. Initial goal was 10 miles, and last week we discovered that from our current starting point, the end of the trail round trip is just about half marathon distance. This time we decided to see how far the trail went at the first fork in the road in the other direction. Added just over 2.5 miles to our run, so seems we can at least cap out closer to 16 miles with minimal street crossings.

I also had a different plan of attack to work in the walk breaks to keep my heart rate lower. Last week the breaks were based on distance, this time I was basing on time. So, run 14 minutes and walk 1. Worked out very well I think. In 1 hour 55 minutes we did 10.32 miles, a fairly decent pace. We also rationed water better this time - each walk break we drank 1/3 to 1/2 of the 10 oz bottle.

View of Westminster:


After completing the run, we had Sbux, and I'm pretty sure it was the best iced coffee with white mocha I've ever had. Next long run is our half marathon in Oregon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 2 - April 8)

Tuesday  (17,510) - Peloton before work in the office. Did my short cross training and left at lunch since Joyce is on vacation. Finally sto...