Half Marathon #174
Weather - chilly at the start, perfect at the finish
When Kristen offered to carpool I immediately took her up on it. She picked us up dark and early at 5 am. It was raining most of the drive to the pass, and we hoped that it wasn't going to be that bad when we actually got to Granby.
I vaguely remembered that I could see all the fall colors on the drive up last year, and realized the race was in fact starting earlier this year. Since we arrived at 6:40, we decided we would do the early start at 7:30. There was rain in the forecast for late morning and we didn't want to get stuck in it.
|Yay, a picture of meeeee!|
|A, me, Patty, Annette and Lesley|
|Ambassadors - Erica, Lynette, me and Tom|
Garmin distance - 12.66 miles
Garmin pace - 12:49
Mile 1 - 13:06
Mile 2 - 13:39
Mile 3 - 13:03
Mile 4 - 10:58
Mile 5 - 13:58
Mile 6 - 13:17
Mile 7 - 13:01
Mile 8 - 12:51
Mile 9 - 13:43
Mile 10 - 10:47
Mile 11 - 15:02 (the puking mile)
Mile 12 - 11:46
Mile 12.66 - 10:48
- This has been one of my favorite races the last three years. The fall colors are just amazing this time of year.
- A commented that I should have warned her how hilly the course was. It didn't seem that hilly to me, although there are certainly sections that I walk.
- Although the course is not technical, I always wear trail shoes because the grassy sections have historically been wet, and trail shoes don't let as much moisture in.
- I may not run this one again, after three years I may find another race to see my fall colors!
- Awesome after party, like usual.