Saturday, December 17, 2011

Happy Birthday, Bart Yasso!

Fellow blogger, Pavement Runner, had a fabulous idea for us to write blog posts for Bart Yasso's birthday, which is today.

Bart Yasso is one of my running heroes. If you have never read his book, "My Life on the Run," you must. It is excellent. I really don't even know how to describe how amazing this man is, and what he means to the running community. He has one of the coolest jobs, and has run some of the most amazing races in the world, including Badwater.

I met him for the first time when I was in Kaua'i in 2010. I had the chance to talk with him and his wife, and they are just as amazing in real life as you would think. I love that Bart is so down to earth that he responds individually to messages on Facebook and Twitter. He will sign things, and pose for pictures.


Bart inspires my speed work (curse you Yasso 800s!!!), and motivates me to live each day to the fullest. The running community is lucky to have such an amazing person as Bart to represent it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BART!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (March 19 - March 25)

Tuesday  (12,786 steps) - Work in the office. Since Ariel is in France, I had to hire a dog walker for the first time in a VERY long time (l...