Sunday, December 18, 2011

25 Random Things

  1. I ate salad today. But I also had two sliders, french fries, and peppermint bark.
  2. I purposely schedule my long runs so that I can lounge around all weekend doing nothing.
  3. Friday night I fell asleep at 9:40 pm while watching "The Hangover 2"
  4. Saturday night I fell asleep at 9:45. Intentionally.
  5. A left about 8 hours ago for Texas and I'm already
    1. Unsure what to do with my freedom
    2. Positive I will do nothing exciting with my freedom
  6. I watch episodes of "Criminal Minds" almost every night. The show fills about 40% of my DVR.
  7. I am addicted to diet soda. Today I've had at least three.
  8. I had two huge cups of coffee this morning.
  9. I'm immune to caffeine.
  10. I've been job searching for almost a year now and still can't seem to find a job I am qualified for that pays more than $11 an hour.
  11. After racing on New Years Eve, I will have completed 51 races in 2011:
    1. A one mile invitational
    2. Seven 5K's (three with A)
    3. One 4 miler
    4. One 10K
    5. 34 half marathons
    6. One 20 miler
    7. Four marathons
    8. One 50k
    9. One 50 miler
  12. I drive a Mini Cooper. It gets over 37 mpg.
  13. I used to live in Austin, TX.
  14. I adore cheesecake. It might be my favorite dessert ever.
  15. I could eat pizza every day.
  16. I could also eat salad every day.
  17. And sandwiches. Although I rarely have them anymore.
  18. I don't like egg nog.
  19. The smell of whiskey makes me puke. Seriously.
  20. I had to have reconstructive knee surgery after I twisted my knee dancing at a bar.
  21. I broke my arm when I was in preschool imitating Mary Lou Retton.
  22. I was in competitive gymnastics from the time I was 10 until I graduated high school - I was even named Gymnast of the Year in my county when I was a senior.
  23. I speak Spanish and German.
  24. I was an extra in the tv movie version of "The Shining"
  25. I joined the track team in 9th grade and quit halfway through the season because I couldn't do the one mile warm up and the only race I ever did I came in DEAD LAST.

7 comments:

  1. Ha. Thanks, you are right... time flies. I don't even know what year it is :D (fixed)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many things to comment on...
    I will be requesting you speak some German to me in AZ.... and TX. I am obsessed with Germany and the fact that you speak their native tongue just bumped you up even higher on the awesome scale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of running for someone with a bum knee, impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You speak German? That's awesome!! :) Over 50 races is amazing and to top it off you did 4 marathons, a 50k and a 50 miler! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to drive a Mini Cooper - I had a 2003 Cooper S. But after year and two dogs I realized it wasn't very practical and got a RAV4. I probably lost like 3K on that car considering I got it new. But at least it was still new and trendy and I got a v. good trade in value.

    I also used to regularly come in last in my track races in the early years - we had a speedy group (like two 12:00 two miles, and like 7 girls running under 6:00 for the mile). A little discouraging. Glad I didn't give up though! It got better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at "I'm immune to caffeine"

    Found you through Meaghan @ Miles, Miles, and More Miles :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (March 19 - March 25)

Tuesday  (12,786 steps) - Work in the office. Since Ariel is in France, I had to hire a dog walker for the first time in a VERY long time (l...