Newton Lady Isaacs
- Bright colors
- Wide toe box
- Overall comfortable
- Life of the shoe... Newtons in general do NOT seem to last long. I am on my 7th pair (if I'm counting correctly) in the last year. At $140-$175 a pair of shoes, that is RIDICULOUS.
- Nothing I can specifically put my finger on, I just seem to have overall tired and achy legs. Shoes? Maybe.
Saucony Kinvara 2s
- Comfortable and LIGHT feeling. First mile I felt like I was wearing nothing at all!
- Basically half the cost of what I have been spending on shoes
- Toe box too narrow. My left pinky toe starting feeling "rubbed" like a blister was forming. I only ran 4 miles in them.
- Too tight/form fitting. After about 2 miles my feet started to feel numb. I stopped, loosened the laces on both feet. Felt "better" for a few miles but then the numbness came back. Couldn't loosen the laces further or my heels would slip too much.
- After running, I did a "speed walk" for a half hour with incline. Left pinky toe still felt "aggravated."
- After leaving the gym, wore the shoes while running errands. Left toe still not comfortable.
Even though the shoes didn't work out, I still rewarded myself with a HUGE salad. Yum.
Today I'm headed back to buy the other pair of shoes that was in the running with the Kinvaras. Review to follow.