Monday, November 26, 2018

Day 3 (Part 2) - Edinburgh Castle and Mary King's Close

First things first, we checked into our hotel.

We wanted to go into town, and while we were told the bus service was pretty decent, we decided we would rather have the car. We drove around looking for parking. Finally gave up and parked in a lot that was a little too pricey for my liking, but Lisa was frustrated, so I figured it was her call.

We got to the castle with about an hour to tour and walk around. It was pretty neat! We went into the Scottish National War Memorial and took TONS of pictures.

Looking down the "Royal Mile"
Ariel and my niece, Alyssa

Scottish National War Memorial
















Each prisoner gets 2 pints of beer??

We really wanted to find somewhere to eat, but like in Peebles, everything seemed to close early. Who are these people?? We headed to the 7:30 pm Mary King's Close tour on the Royal Mile. Unfortunately, they didn't allow any photography - it was REALLY neat inside. Learning about life back then was fascinating. I can safely say that I'm happy I wasn't around back then, although I suppose I wouldn't know any better.

I did actually buy a souvenir:
This is a drawing of the "Edinburgh Plague Doctor" - I love it!



On our way back to the car we stopped by the castle again to get some nighttime pictures that didn't have a hundred people in them.
Got back to the hotel, packed up all our stuff as we were going to be checking out early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (March 19 - March 25)

Tuesday  (12,786 steps) - Work in the office. Since Ariel is in France, I had to hire a dog walker for the first time in a VERY long time (l...