Wednesday (18,227 steps) - Run club after work! Walked with Maureen again at the track. Jandy had come to see the speaker, Jason Koop, and she walked with A. Maureen and I were determined to get our three miles in. Kinda regretted it when it started pouring on our way back to the store. For the first time, pretty much ever I wasn't into a running presentation. I found Koop to be a little boring, probably because he was talking about training and I'm not running...
|A was interested in looking at course profiles in his book though|
|Had to take a selfie with other run clubbers that were there (love the shiny spot on my head)|
Friday (16,461 steps) - Went to barre after work, since A was at camp with her Girl Scout troop.
|I thought this door sign was HILARIOUS|
Saturday (25,111 steps) - Lisa arrived at my house about 5:45 in the morning. We head out on Highway 72 to Nederland, I had suggested we hike at a Arapaho Pass. Lisa was hungry, so we stopped in Eldorado Springs so she could get some food, and then headed out to the Fourth of July trail head. I guess I have amnesia, I did NOT remember the road being so rough to get there! The last 4 miles took probably a half hour. We arrived just before 7:30 am, and I was pleased to see that the lot was not that full. Probably because the sky looked super suspicious. I had only brought a hoodie to wear, and at the last minute, grabbed a beanie and gloves. I wore the beanie the entire day, and gloves most of it. I estimate that it was in the upper 40's most of the hike. We were taking it pretty easy because Lisa is just getting back to Colorado and is not used to the altitude (we were hiking around 11,000 I believe). It started to rain when we were about 3 miles up and we decided to turn around and that it was better to be safe than sorry. It misted most of the way down and it was COLD (but oh so pretty!!).
|Wildflowers never photograph well|
|They went hiking at the Colorado National Monument before they got rained out|
Monday (13,572 steps) - Even though I had gone to bed by 9:30, getting up at 7 was rough. Ugh. So tired ALL THE TIME! Traffic on the way in to work was horrendous, an accident on the flyover caused me to get rerouted on WEST I-70, adding about 30 minutes of bumper to bumper traffic to my commute. Went to a barre class at lunch. Stopped at Sprouts on the way home to get some groceries, low key night.
- 13.1 miles run (just the Beaver Creek half)
- 135,031 steps (as you can see, my steps were way down most days. I didn't hit my "goal"3 days!
- Still walking for "cross training," plus I got a good hike in with Lisa!
- 4 barre classes!
- Really trying to not get too obsessed with my weight, but I can't help it. I am so near the danger zone (which for me, is 130). I know my eating is not on point, and it is SO EASY to get off track. I think I'm in a "funk" or "depression" from not being able to run. I'm loving that barre gives me some exercise, but it is not enough for what I'm consuming.
- Related, beer is getting out of hand again. Sigh.