Wednesday - New Years Double "Day" marathon. After lunch/showering, we had to drive back to Austin from Dallas. LONG, LONG, LONG drive.
Thursday - Lisa had to work, so I spent most of the day on the couch watching a Criminal Minds marathon and dozing off. That night, 1ish mile sloooww around the neighborhood with Lisa. I finally got to see A for the night, and we played a fun game of "Beat the Parents" (which, by the way, THE PARENTS WON):
Friday - Lisa had to work again, so I dropped her off at work. Spent part of the morning watching more crime tv before I finally decided to go for a quick run - on the Brushy Creek trail. Legs felt pretty good and I knocked out a fairly solid 3.3 miles.
Saturday - Again, spent a lot of the day on the couch, resting. Mid afternoon, we headed towards downtown, where we ran by Town Lake. First 1.5ish was slow run/walk with Lisa and then I just had to get some real running in and ran other 2/3 of a mile. Wish I would have had more time for this one, it was a great trail. So pretty!
Weekly Miles Run - 61.83 (8.49 outside, 53.34 racing)
Weekly Cross Training - 6.3 miles hiking
Minutes of Strength Training - ZERO (I failed big time this week)
Weekly Gain - 2.0 pounds
- I'm actually a little surprised it isn't worse. But... what that DOES mean is that I've gained about 6 pounds in the last month. I've historically never had this happen over the holidays, I typically maintain pretty well.
- Related: I don't care. I enjoyed a lot of foods I normally skip over due to "being bad" for me.
- Related: I must have had GALLONS of beer on vacation. GALLONS.
- Related: Back on track now that I am back from vacation and things are going to go back to as "normal" as they ever get.
- Back at work, and still the only legal assistant. All of the attorneys are SUPER HAPPY to see me. What that means is I have a crap-ton of work to do. Apparently, time stood still while I was gone.
- Related: There was a woman interviewing this morning - CROSSING MY FINGERS.
- Related: Apparently, our firm is relocating to another building, about a mile south of here. What that means for me is a longer commute, actually having to drive INTO the city, instead of being able to park on the outskirts, and my "cheap" lot is waaaay too far for me to continue to park in. The move is rumored to happen by April 1. I am very unhappy about this, as this will end up costing me at least $10 more in parking, and of course, longer and more angry commute. Sigh.
- Still haven't heard on the interview I went on before Christmas. Still hoping that it was just really busy over the holidays and I will hear something soon?
- Noooooooooothing else.