Wednesday - Still spirit week at the gym, and today was superhero day! A wanted to join in the fun, so I let her borrow the Incredibles tank I wore for Tink 2012. 2 miles on the treadmill and then BodyPump with L. Holy crap, I'm still soooo weak.
Thursday - Got up early and ran a mile in the basement inferno before work. Because AFTER work, I was on my way to the airport for Tink!! My flight actually landed early and Heather picked me up around 10. In bed shortly after.
Friday - Heather's kids had school, so to get my run out of the way before we melted, we ran a mile after walking the youngest to school. You can't tell, but it's pretty much a million degrees already. 1.25 easy-ish miles.
I believe we spent the remainder of the day watching "educational" tv, which included the "World's Fattest Man" and a few episodes of Hoarders. I think I ate all the things, but I cannot remember. Again, in bed fairly early.
Saturday - Up early again. Heather and I headed to Disneyland to volunteer for the kids races. We were lucky enough to be in charge of handing out medals, which was the funnest EVER. Other people's kids that I only have to see for a few seconds are the most adorable. Also volunteering with us was Sheila, and she is hilarious. Glad I got to do this!
I believe the afternoon was again spent watching tv. I had to get my mile in, but waited until dusk for it to cool down a bit. Pretty nice sunset!
Delicious enchiladas for dinner. The early part of the evening was spent getting Heather's oldest ready for her formal dance. I hope Heather posts a picture or two, she looked so pretty!! We were in bed early-ish.
Sunday - TINK HALF!!
Monday - I probably could have done more, but this was easy-ish, so I stopped after 3.25 miles. Somewhat of a progressive run (1 @ 5.5, 1 @ 5.6, .25 @ 5.7, .25 @ 5.8, .25 @ 5.9, .25 @ 6.0, .25 @ 6.1). I finally finished "Orange is the New Black" so now I'll need to find a new show to watch at the gym. I had fleeting aspirations of doing some strength training when I got home, but yeah, that didn't happen.
Weekly Miles Run - 24.23 (13.68 racing, 2.3 outside, 6 treadmill)
Weekly Cross Training - ZERO
Minutes of Strength Training - 77 (only thanks to going to BodyPump)
Weekly Gain - 1.4 pounds
- Let's be real. I didn't try this week. At all. And that's fine. I was on vacation for 3 days in SoCal, and I ate pretty much everything. It's not my fault that Heather is the best cook ever, that there were donuts and cinnamon rolls and Halloween candy. Personally, I think I did her a FAVOR by eating it all. (No really, thanks Heather, you're the best hostess EVER!)
- Beer was completely in check this week. I had only ONE beer all week, and that was Saturday night.
- So, we are in week three of me being the only secretary. The really great news is that we have ANOTHER attorney joining our firm, so really, this is MORE WORK FOR ME. Hip hip hooray!!!
- Related: I did finally hear back from the place I interviewed in December, they were still finishing up interviews and thought they would be contacting people to return for additional interviews in the next week. MAAAAYBE.
- OK, so I'm in week 2 (?) of being back on the online "dating" thing. I say "dating" because for REAL, I seem to attract the weirdest and creepiest people ever. I have gone on zero dates. I am likely giving this up soon (again), as I'm not really into it and I appear to be the only normal person online.
- For example (there are messages before AND after this, including asking if I want to go hiking). I have never, not even one time, responded to this guy. But, it's a good example of who I'm attracting: