Friday, February 24, 2012

What Was I Thinking? (And a Winner!)

So remember that one time that I signed up to run a 100 mile race? And remember that I posted a super awesome training plan? And remember that towards the end, I was going to have to do some CRAZY LONG RUNS?? Well. This week was MADNESS.

Sunday - Austin Marathon
Monday - No run (I moved it out one day)
Tuesday - 6 miles
Wednesday - 6 miles
Thursday - 24 miles
Friday - 30 miles

I. RAN.  ALL. THAT. All those miles. Everything but the Austin marathon was done on a treadmill. That's a LOT of iTunes. Anyway, I am super proud of myself for completing all that running. Next week is actually my PEAK mileage week. And then... taper. I'm back to 20ish mile weeks. I don't even know what to do with that. My lowest mileage week was about three months ago, at 40. MIND BLOWING.

Anyway... a winner!


And the winner is... Abbi, from Higher Miles! Shoot me an email with your address and I'll mail out the YMX shirt asap! I hope you love it as much as I do!

15 comments:

  1. WOW! This is amazing! And especially that your body can handle all that miles! Remember when you had to take it easy for 1-2 weeks after a marathon!? :) You are on a whole new level! CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some serious mileage! You must be doing it right though, since you aren't injured. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you ran all those miles on a TREADMILL. That is some serious mental grit. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! What WERE you thinking? Maybe you were drunk or on a runners high after finishing a great race?

    ReplyDelete
  5. All on the treadmill? That is insane. I feel like you should be hired as a treadmill rep as you can vouch for their ability to go the distance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. The miles alone are amazing. On a treadmill? That's insane!

    You have very right to be proud of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I don't do many treadmill runs. I have a 4-mile (beginner) race today with wind gusts of 40 mph. They didn't cancel - but if they did i was going to try the treadmill!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is some serious mileage! Can't imagine that many miles (and that much total time either!)....Excited on the shirt, sending an e-mail now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are just a little bit nuts. I ran 5 on the treadmill yesterday and that was too long. I don't know how you do it! We need to figure out a place for dinner in NOLA. I'll get on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. almost on the home stretch!! have you thought about what you are going to wear for 100 miler? you may have posted it and i missed it. Just curious

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is some wicked awesome mileage. Congrats!

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoooeeeee that me some mileage. Way to be awesome! You are going to rock that 100 miler!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Mom told me the other day that I exercise too much - I'm nearing 50 and I should "slow down". I used you in my rebuttal argument! Thanks for being such a great role model! I love how you push to reach your goals! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job in getting all the miles in. I love my treadmill and trained for my first 50k exclusively on the treadmill, sometimes you just to get it done and not have to worry about the elements or where to go.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (March 5 - March 11)

Tuesday  (15,597 steps) - Peloton rides before work in the office. Went to the gym at lunch for strength training. After work I had to go to...