1. A friend of mine offered to help me out with RnR NoLA. Since the flights were INSANE to/from directly into NoLA (seriously, $420???), I am going to be flying in and out of Baton Rouge (about an hour away). My friend has generously offered to transport me to/from the airport. AWESOME. I am, however, still looking for a roommate for the night of the race. I mean, I *can* get my own room, but I'd love to split the cost with someone. (HINT, HINT - anyone mind sharing a room with me? Pretty please - email me, tweet me, etc - if you can help out at all, I would really appreciate it!). Long story short, I ***WILL*** be in NoLA and would love to meet up if at all possible.
2. I'm running the Austin marathon this weekend. I never in my life thought I would be running a marathon as a training run. Well, I am. Maybe that's why I'm not really nervous for this one? I mean, I just ran 20 miles yesterday. For real. (Taper? What's that?)
*As an aside. The boyfriend thought the 100 was this weekend. He was relieved when I told him it wasn't until next month. He thought I was too calm. He is also worried that I could break my leg at say, mile 70, and then demand to finish anyway. He's probably right. I would.*
4. So thanks to the recommendations of Fast Cory (my 100 miler HERO), I ordered a Nathan Hydration vest - which YAY, comes in a pretty color just for the ladies. I was going to do a 14 mile run in them this week, but then I almost got hypothermia. I tested it out for TWO miles, and think it was glorious. My friend asked if I thought it would be awesome after 100 miles. I said I didn't think ANYTHING would be awesome after that long...
5. I tasted the LuluAid and I am obsessed. I am going to have to block their website. I swear I have never seen a company rotate through product so fast in my life. Maybe that's why I'm obsessed... I feel like if I don't get it NOW, it will be gone. (Seriously, isn't this BEAUTIFUL??)
6. Have you entered my giveaway?
7. A didn't have school today, so I took her roller skating. And found out that she learned how to TIE HER OWN SHOES! We've been practicing a while, but I didn't realize she could do it until today. Yay!
Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!