Wednesday (20,082 steps) - Not nearly as warm as it was supposed to be today. Went to run club and ran alone with Colfax since Heather decided to just hang out at the store. The run was pretty exciting because we saw a fox!
Thursday (15,903 steps) - Woke up feeling OFF. I think I have finally come down with the cold that everyone else has been passing around for months. On the way to A's school we almost got in a nasty wreck. The roads were still incredibly icy and my car would just NOT stop. I pulled the e-brake and Bee Rad slowed down... but turned perpendicular into the fast lane. Thank goodness no one was behind us and we managed to safely get where we needed to be. Stupid winter. Spent the morning taking cold medicine and sneezing. Run club at Lakewood - which was a special event with Anton Krupicka.
|Prancing on the grass - the sidewalk was literally a sheet of ice!|
Friday (13,673 steps) - Tossed and turned ALL NIGHT LONG. This damn cold is miserable. Actually got my taxes back, which was MUCH sooner than expected. Since we are trying to "minimalize," I didn't even spend any of it, other than to pay off the credit card. Picked up A and took her home so I could take a barre class right after work. I wasn't optimistic, but working out actually made me feel better. We had some last minute packing to do, tried to go to bed early.
Saturday (13,687 steps) - Drove down to Heather's to get there by 7:00 to drive to the Centennial airport. H2 drove with us and we got there right after Mo, Jandy and her daughter Mady. We left a few minutes late and arrived in SoCal with no issues.
Sunday (33,126 steps) - Actually slept, but was woken up when Lisa and Jandy left for the race - they were running the marathon and H2 was driving them to the start since they had to be there more than an hour before we did. Perks of staying at a place right down the street from the race start! After Heather G. arrived we went headed over to the start. Ran Surf City half.
|At least A made it out onto the water for a bit|
Monday (13,414 steps) - Stupid gloomy morning. It was windy and rainy all day, so all of us were in pretty terrible spirits. A was upset that we would not be going to the beach. We ended up going to the mall and walking around, which is especially boring when you don't buy anything.
|Team picture - Year of the Rooster!|
- 110,563 - I'll blame this on being sick most of the week. I just could NOT get motivated to try and get more steps.
- 17.9 miles run
- 2 barre classes. Being sick plus being out of town lowered this from my usual 3-4 a week.
- Girl Scout cookies are upon us - and taking over!!
- I mentioned it in a previous post, but A and I are taking steps to eliminate all the "unnecessary" clutter in our lives - which also means cutting back on unnecessary purchases (of course). This will be a time-consuming process, but we are looking forward to life on the "other side."
- I'm having SO MUCH trouble getting motivated! I was doing so well with my training at this time last year and this year all I seem to want to do is sleep. I haven't even picked my "A" race for the year yet.