Friday, July 17, 2015

Week in Review (July 7 - July 13)

Tuesday (16,032 steps) - Walked for an hour on the treadmill. That's it.
Wednesday (8,681 steps) - Met up with Jessa and Lisa for drinks. Clearly, I did no exercise whatsoever.
Thursday (12,673 steps) - I had planned on going to the gym. I packed clothes. I went to the gym. And then I realized I had NOT packed any shoes. So I sat in the sauna.
Friday (12,515) - Drove to Fairplay right after work. Pre-race meeting for Sheep Mountain and early to bed at my Airbnb host's house.
Saturday (88,878 steps) - Sheep Mountain 50 (errr, 34ish mile). Got home close to 10, an then showered and in bed.
Sunday (38,371) - Up before 4:00 am. Yes, you read that right. I had made plans to go hiking with Lisa. With this being my only weekend left without A and her last full weekend here, it was the only option. I was incredibly tired after Sheep Mountain. I picked her up at 4:30 am and we drove to Bakersville to hike up Grays and Torrey's Peaks. Both 14ers. About a half mile in I thought I might die because my legs were so mad. Both of us toughed out this day on an incredibly beautiful hike. Because I don't drive a "high clearance" vehicle we had to park at the lower trailhead which added 3 miles to our hike. It was very windy at the top, but we manage to get both 14ers done!
We actually scored a ride back from the upper trail head (thanks random old guy!) - which put us at just under 12 miles for the day. We got stuck in terrible traffic on I-70 (which sadly is normal for a Sunday) and ate lunch/early dinner at Tommyknocker's in Idaho Springs. By the time I dropped her off and went home to shower it was after 6. I had to move all the boxes in my garage from one side to the other so the mitigation system could be installed later in the week through the attic. While I was at it, I swept the garage out. Fun times.
Monday (20,046 steps) - Walked a couple miles on the treadmill.

Stats
  • 197,196 steps
  • 34.3 miles (yep, just the one race, nothing else)
  • Hike TWO 14ers for cross-training (11.8 miles round trip)
  • No strength or stretching
Everything Else
  • Still with the house. Set back after set back after set back.
  • Nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 16 - April 22)

Tuesday  (43,134 steps) - the end of Southern States 200 ! After I loaded up my drop bags I was suddenly exhausted. I knew there was no way ...