- I'd like to get a half marathon done around 2:05-2:10 again. I still don't do much speed work, but maintaining my base usually keeps me a bit faster.
- A marathon under 5 hours again. Less than 2 years ago a 4:47 seemed SLOW... I am running back to back marathons at the New Years Double again, maybe it will happen right at the start of the year?
- Related: LONG term goal - a new marathon PR at NYC marathon in November.
- Maintain my base. At least one run a week needs to be 7 miles or longer. I let this drop off my radar last year and I know that was part of the reason I got injured last summer.
- New & better paying job. I know money isn't everything, but let's be real. It sorta is, especially when you are the sole money maker.
- Pay off all consumer debt (including car) by the end of the year. If the ex continues to pay child support and I get a better job, should be fairly easy to do.
- I'd like to make more friends. Not necessarily people I need to spend a lot of time with, but I have very few people I communicate with any regularity and it's made me very disconnected and angry.
- Related: I'd really like to start dating again. It's disconcerting to feel unwanted (in general) and whether it *should* make me feel better, I think I will be happier. I've always wanted to have a "family" and I don't feel like I have that now, nor have I ever. Even though we didn't divorce until A was 2, our marriage was over long before that. I'm tired of feeling jealous and hateful towards those that have found their partner. Surely, there has to be SOMEONE out there that wants to put up with me and my shenanigans?
- PURGE PURGE PURGE PURGE. I have done a lot of this already. After J moved out I got rid of BAGS AND BAGS of clothes. I need to finish what I've started, and get working on A's stuff as well.
As for the rest of 2013. I AM OVER YOU. I want to flip a switch on this year and be done with it. Thankfully, Jessa is also alone this year for the holidays and she has invited L and I over for Christmas dinner. So never fear, I at least won't be so pathetic that I'm eating a Lean Cuisine at home alone.