Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Week in Review (July 14 - July 20)

Tuesday (13,261 steps) - Quick Peloton ride and Olive walk before going to work. Of note, it's interesting that the mileage for our detour route is the exact same as our normal "neighborhood" walk. Gym at lunch. Did a half hour on the StairMaster and it felt a lot harder for some reason, plus a bodyweight strength class. I always seem to forget that usually makes me MORE sore. 

Took Olive for a walk when I got home - HOT. 
While we were waiting for Ben to get home we were sitting on the patio since it's cooler outside right now - and the fox is back!! 
Ben brought home pizza for dinner and some groceries. Good Fight.
Wednesday (19,806 steps) - Up ridiculously early. Took Olive for a walk and then drove to North Table because I was planning on some repeats to get my vert in for the day. Still hard, but it was made more awesome because I saw a deer AND a lady told me "YOU'RE AMAZING!" 

Drove to the office and had just enough time to shower at the gym in our building and still get to work on time. Went for a walk at lunch, but shorter than planned because the only thing I forgot to pack was a spare pair of socks and the shoes I was wearing felt like they were giving me a blister. Did a delivery on the way home and then took Olive for a walk. By the time Ben got home it was really too late to cook anything so I just had leftovers. Good Fight.
Thursday (18,434 steps) - Since I woke up early (unintentionally), we took Olive for a walk and then I went for my run. 
Will never be a super fan of running in the morning but it was nice to not roast to death and get it out of the way early. Walked Olive at lunch and did a strength video. 

Randomly went to get a haircut and did a little bit of yard work before meeting Ben at Torchy's for dinner. Took Olive for a walk before settling down for more Good Fight. 
Friday (11,999 steps) - Didn't wake up in time for the Wash Park group, so I just took Olive for a walk around the neighborhood before we went to work. Took Olive for a walk at lunch. 
Did another walk later in the afternoon since we were both getting restless. Ben picked me up after he got done with work and we got sushi for dinner! What a fun surprise. 
Good Fight.
Saturday (34,468 steps) - Stupidly early walk with Olive before Joni stopped by the house so we could carpool up to Herman Gulch. We arrived at the lot just after 6:30 and it was already pretty full. I had planned for about ten miles round trip, hoping to top out close to 13,000'. It was a beautiful day and trails weren't crowded at all once we turned off for Jones Pass. 





Thankfully we didn't hit any traffic on the way home either. Ben and I went to Tap and Burger for lunch - which was delicious. 
Took Olive fora walk when it finally cooled down. Gyros for dinner and Good Fight.
Sunday (19,874 steps) - Olive walk while Ben went to get us Dutch Bros. Jones to Vasquez Pass for our adventure day! Thankfully there were very few people on the trails and we didn't get caught in any storms. 











Too hot to take Olive anywhere for a snack/happy hour, so we just went home. Good Fight.
Monday (16,465 steps) - Took Olive for a long walk to the lake before the heat. 

I also got in my run before I needed to start work. 
Olive had her grooming appointment late morning - her first time getting groomed by someone else since I started taking her in 2023!


Very happy with the results and even though it was a little more money, I think they did a good job. Tried to start getting things ready for Summit but it was just hellacious in the house. This heat has to stop!! After work I took Olive for another walk. Ben ordered in Panda for dinner. Good Wife.

Stats:
  • 134,307 steps
  • 25.51 miles run
  • 15.16 miles walked
  • 40 minutes of cardio
  • 40 minutes of strength
  • 0 minutes of sauna

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (July 14 - July 20)

Tuesday  (13,261 steps) - Quick Peloton ride and Olive walk before going to work. Of note, it's interesting that the mileage for our det...