Wednesday - 2 miles total (one before class and one after). I went to BodyPump for the first time in over 18 months. HOLY CRAP. The videos have probably helped a bit, but I am the weakest EVER. Thankfully, due to #coldpocalypse, there was a poor showing and only a handful of people could witness me struggling. 4:02 plank.
Thursday - 5.21 terrible, horrible, no good, very BAD miles on the treadmill. I made the risky decision to eat NINE day old cheesecake at dinner, then hopped on the treadmill. I almost died and/or puked and/or exploded on the treadmill. Poor, poor planning, me. 3:00 plank.
|You were so tasty. Why did you try to kill me??|
Saturday - Fa La La Half Marathon! After almost dying of frostbite/hypothermia, we sat around most of the day. Saturday night A and I went to a Christmas party in Aurora (soooo faaaar). Potluck parties are dangerous. Zero pics, but it was great to see my friends that I don't get to see too much this time of year.
Sunday - Put off running ALL DAY. Took the kids roller skating in the afternoon. Finally did 1ish in the basement inferno. Video trifecta (core, arms, legs). After dinner, A and I met up with my friend DJ, who came in town for work training. Long story condensed - DJ and I dated BRIEFLY in 1999, somewhat not great break up. Weirdly ended up being roommates when I moved to TX in 2000 - he moved out after my now ex-husband moved in. Hadn't seen him in over 10 years, but we have kept in touch with phone calls/texts/Facebook. Funny, it was like no time had passed. Great night!
Monday - 7.25 not terrible miles. My calves were a bit tight (I have gotten off my foam rolling routine AGAIN), and the bottom of my right foot feels... off. 3:10 plank.
Weekly Miles Run - 33.32 (13.1 racing, 20.22 treadmill)
Minutes of Strength Training - 175!!
Loss - 1.0 pounds
- The body is so weird. I worked out less this week and it seemed like I still ate the same.
- Food indulgences... DONUTS, Smashburger, Yogurtland, pumpkin cheesecake (SO SO SO SO GOOD), all sorts of random things at the potluck Christmas party.
- Beer consumption was up this week. I blame the Christmas party and going out with my friend. Didn't have money to actually buy beer this week so there wasn't any consumption during the week.
- Oh wells.... such is weight fluctuation.
- Finished reading The Total Money Makeover. Again, nothing I didn't already know, but a good refresher of how "we" have too much stuff and spend money foolishly.
- Related: This week has been especially tight on money. I had to return one of the pairs of shoes I got on Black Friday to have enough money for parking. Also, for a humbling new low, I had to rob my change jar to buy groceries on Sunday. $15+ in change. Womp. Really appreciated the self-checkout for this one. Also, the gas light in my car has been on since Monday. Hoping I have enough gas to last me until Friday morning. #coldpocalypse is not the time to play chicken with the "how many miles can I drive on a tank of gas" game I love so much.
- A had a meltdown over the weekend over Mother Effin J. I am so sick of this stupid guy being an annoyance in my life. She was talking about something random and then said "I know you don't want to hear about J anymore Momma, but I can't erase him from my memory, I've tried." And then she cried. For like 10 minutes. I JUST WANT TO BE DONE WITH THIS. The jerk is out of our lives, I just wish he would BE OUT OF OUR LIVES. The weirdest, dumbest things set of triggers and I AM OVER IT.
- Oh, so nothing else, as usual. Cute guy was a the gym last night, he ran on a treadmill three down from me (for like 5 minutes). I ogled. The end.
- Really really really wanting the weather to warm up a bit. For 4-5 days, I don't think we hit single digits. Today, it is finally "warmer" but it is windy, so it actually SEEMS colder.
|For REAL. This is ridiculous this "early" in winter. Brrr!|
- BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH I HATE WINTER I HATE DECEMBER I HATE THE HOLIDAYS. Ready for this stupid year to be over.