1. The Knee - The good news is that after a second opinion with an orthopedic surgeon, it is NOT a torn meniscus, but is ITBS. That is good because if I play my cards right, I won't be out of commission for too long, but I will have to take it easy...
2. Taking it Easy - What does that even mean? Well, since my disastrous race last weekend in WV, I have not run. Not at all. Today is day 6 of no running. My knee doesn't hurt at all. What have I been doing instead? Two days of cycling. That is it. 90 minutes of exercise. That might be the least I have done. Ever.
3. Rehab - Well, according to the doctor, there is nothing I can do "myself" to fix the IT band. I kinda think that is a big lie. Regardless, I have been icing every night and foam rolling. The foam rolling hurts like crazy, so I must be doing something right. Hoping not running for a week will also help. I've been sorta stretching, and I am getting instructions from my coach today on stretches and a new schedule. Also, I have physical therapy on Monday. I'm sure that will be thrilling.
4. Retro Run - I am "running" another 5k with A on Sunday. In somewhat related news, J and the dog are joining us. Good thing I'm crippled, I foresee this as being a catastrophe. (That, and J refuses to costume up and wear short shorts in celebration of mile 3, the 80's. He is NO fun.)
5. DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA - I still plan on doing the half since I can walk if necessary. A and I leave next Friday. STUPID EXCITED.