Friday, September 6, 2024

Week in Review (August 27 - September 2)

Tuesday (17,862 steps) - Rower and Olive walk before going to work in the office. Climbed the Empire State Building on the StairMaster and weights at lunch.

Wednesday (22,312 steps) - Olive walk before work. Did my tempo run at lunch.
I hate running 9x3 minutes "fast" and it was a million degrees. I ended up only doing 5 repeats - but at least I finished all of them in the pace range, unlike the last time I did these. Salsa's for dinner.
Thursday (11,444 steps) - Up early to drive to Loveland to volunteer! First job was to run the loop and make sure all the markings were in place.
Outside of an hour of packet pickup, it was pretty slow and I was able to get all my work done on the laptop.
Decided to head out in time to drop Olive off at home and meet Ben at Torchy's for dinner.
Friday (16,174 steps) - Up early to take Olive for a bit of a longer walk before going in to the office. We actually saw an owl!
After work we had to finish up packing and get the camper ready to drive back up to Loveland for the race. Ariel came home to spend the weekend with Olive so we didn't need to find a dog sitter. We actually got out basically as planned and the drive wasn't that bad. We got Shelly set up and went to a dive bar in town for dinner - it was pretty delicious!
It was a bit later than I would have liked before we got to sleep since we ate late.
Saturday (111,723 steps) - I had set an alarm for 7:30 although I woke up before that. Probably the best night's sleep I've ever had in Shelly - it was nice to have good sleep the whole week leading into this! Ben and I went to Ziggi's for breakfast and "coffee" - yes, we got pumpkin spice.
We got back to the camper and were getting things ready when we came across another loose dog. I swear we are a magnet for them. Checked around and no one seemed to know who it belong to, so we had to call animal control. Thankfully, the dog was chipped and lived nearby.
Front Range Ultra Dayze (FRUD) - 100 miler!
Sunday (107,868 steps) - Front Range Ultra Dayze (FRUD) 100 miler, continued. By the time I was off the course, we were hungry and thirsty. We had found there were quite a few breweries in town and the Skybear came recommended and wasn't too far away.
The beer was ok, and the mac n' cheese was pretty good.
We also saw a guy bring a cat into the brewery, so that was fun. I was getting tired, so we headed back to the race area where Shelly was. We were going to sit outside and cheer on runners, but I was really congested, so Ben gave me a Benadryl, and I was basically out within a half hour.
Monday (10,298 steps) - I can't remember how early I got up, but I had slept ... ok. We walked over to the start/finish to see how people had fared overnight That's when I found out that I ended up being second female (!) and got my award!
Ben got coffee for us and then was starting to clean up the camper and get her all loaded up and ready to go. I stayed behind and chatted with other runners that were STILL out on course.

We decided we didn't necessarily want to be gone all day, so we left late morning, with Ben wanting to stop at 4 Noses on the way home. Ariel had already walked Olive (and headed back to school), so we were able to sit inside in the glorious air conditioning. We got the Korean BBQ and some beer.
Went home to unpack and get cleaned up. Ben found out I had never seen "Apocalypse Now" so we started watching it, but it was kinda boring and I was falling asleep. Amanda was working, so we went to Torchy's for some queso. By the time we got home, walked Olive, and finished watching the movie, it was time for bed. Shortest weekend ever. 

Stats:
  • 297,681 steps
  • 109.95 miles run
  • 13.35 miles walked
  • 44 minutes of cardio
  • 20 minutes of strength

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (September 3 - September 9)

Tuesday  (10,267 steps) - Bonus work from home day since Joyce is on vacation.  Treated myself ot a delicious Dunkin coffee. Walk with Olive...