Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Week in Review (September 3 - September 9)

Tuesday (10,267 steps) - Bonus work from home day since Joyce is on vacation.  Treated myself ot a delicious Dunkin coffee.
Walk with Olive at lunch.
Wednesday (10,217 steps) - Work from home bonus day again. Took Olive for a walk at lunch.
Saw an owl again. 
Thursday (10,323 steps) - Work from hoooooome again. My impulse buy from an Instagram ad (heated hair straightening brush) arrived early so I straightened my hair (in 12.5 minutes!!) before meeting Ariel for coffee.
Long walk with Olive at lunch. I think we went to Torchy's for dinner?
Friday (14,337 steps) - Wash Park with Olive and the gang. When we got to Wash Park, Olive seemed to have developed a slight limp, I chalked it up to some of the rocky sections on the north side bothering her feet. By the time we got about halfway through the workday, her limp was way worse and I spent about 45 minutes calling every vet in town until I found one that had an opening and got her in. She didn't see anything or think anything was broken and gave her some anti-inflammatory pills.
Happy hour at 4 Noses and we randomly ordered from a new to us food truck - Norwegian food (?) that was really delicious. 
Saturday (15,154 steps) - Probably stayed in bed too long before going to South Table for our run. It was definitely sunny and warm, but we didn't have plans to be out too long. 


Initially we were going to do our "normal" loop, but then I figured we could run on the Lava Loop if it was actually open, cutting off a bit of our distance. It WAS open, and we happened to run into Victor and Brook. We ended up stopping at Parry's on the way home for lunch.
No dog walk today, trying to make sure Olive's paw is ok. Olive had her grooming appointment, which meant we were at 4 Noses again.
Ben ordered us Qdoba for dinner, yum!
Sunday (12,614 steps) - Special day! We drove down to Wash Park for Olive's photo shoot! She got invited to be in the calendar for the rescue group I adopted her from. She did REALLY good for them, and it was perfect timing that her grooming was the day before!
On the way home we stopped at the Brunch Run (being held at Wonderyard) for a walk with friends.

The unfortunately didn't even allow dogs on their patio, so we headed out right after. I had to run to REI to exchange a pair of pants, which ended up taking forever. Then we went up to Recess for brunch on their dog friendly patio. Mo met us there with Colfax. Headed home to rest and change before Kristin picked me up to go to the Cheap Trick/Journey/Def Leppard concert at Coors Field! We met up with the rest of the group at a hold in the wall bar on Park and Blake (that was slow and terrible food) before walking over. Cheap Trick was pretty good, but I was never really into them. 
Journey was AWESOME and I'm really glad I got to see them. I can't believe they have been a band for FIFTY YEARS?!

I had seen Def Leppard before, but wow, their performance here was NOT good. The singer wasn't great and the sound/lights was terrible. Kristin and I gave them about 45 minutes before deciding we would rather just go home early. Still was after 11!
Monday (21,017 steps) - Work from home. Went for my run relatively early, trying to beat the heat. For some reason, I opted to run to the north side of the lake. I always hate running that direction, yet did it anyway. I didn't enjoy it.
Took Olive for a walk at lunch. Her paw is definitely better, thankfully.
Did some driving after work and picked up grocery orders at both Target and King Soopers. Dinner was at Torchy's since Ben got off work really late. 

Stats:
  • 93,929 steps
  • 11.44 miles run
  • 17.93 miles walk
  • 15 minutes of cardio
  • 0 minutes of strength

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (September 10 - September 16)

Tuesday  (13,371 steps) - Peloton ride and walked Olive before going in to the office. I actually had planned on being remote, but then I re...