|Aforementioned tree on my house...|
|PS - tree still there! And it landed on the SUV that was abandoned about a month ago.|
Friday (16,469 steps) - Another rest day!! A was spending the night at a friend's house, so I picked up pho on my way home from work, binge watched the first three episodes of season 2 of "Better Call Saul" and was in bed by 10. Party animal!
Saturday (44,251 steps) - Due to the blizzard at the beginning of the week and more snow in the forecast Friday-Saturday, our long run was moved to Wash Park in Denver, as the inner loop is plowed pretty regularly. Sadly, Heather is still injured, so I was hoping I wasn't going to be alone, with 22 miles on schedule. It was freaking COLD (24 degrees), WINDY, and lightly snowing. Oh, and overcast. No sun to even pretend to warm up the day. Because of the weather and the 2.5ish mile loops we would be doing our pace groups got all messed up. I ended up running with my Roost teammate (and former co INKnBURN ambassador), Lisa. The first 13-15 miles weren't really that bad. Every time we ran north it was FREEZING. The wind was hitting us directly in the face and even though I had hand warmers, my hands would get super cold. Then we would loop around and I would contemplate taking off my hoodie. Lather, rinse, repeat until I got 19 miles in and decided that was plenty.
Sunday (32,141 steps) - First Endurance Race Series half marathon, Westminster Trail, of the year!! (Recap to follow).
Monday (15,956 steps) - Rest day, so I did an upper body video. I had a delusion that I would get up early enough to do a second video, a lower body video as well, but LOL. I was way too tired. After work we had to stop by the store to get dinner. A wanted to do a quick run around the neighborhood, so we did a mile loop. Legs actually felt fine, so that was nice. Pilates video after dinner.
- 179,321 steps
- 53.9 miles run (pretty solid week, with three rest days...)
- No cross training, with the exception of some walking
- 95 minutes of strength/stretching
- Pretty quiet week, nothing much going on. A spent all of spring break with her friend (who has a stay at home mom). They did lots of fun things - museum, IMAX, zoo, roller skating, swimming and the Botanic Gardens. Certainly more fun than what she would have done at her normal facility.
- I had been on a pretty good "roll" with eating well. Everything came a bit unhinged over the weekend. No real binge I suppose, just a lot of crap I haven't been eating lately. Ah well, everything in moderation, right?