After a few complaints about how much I'm NOT liking my Garmin right now, I was linked up to a VERY cool new product that *crossyourfingers* will be out on the market in the next year. I'll do my best to relay the awesome-ness of this product.
BIA: A GPS SPORTS WATCH (FOR WOMEN)
I'll show the pictures first:
Looks pretty cool, right? I love that you can customize it! Here are some general specs about the product:
Bia is targeted at women but guys are scooping it up too. Here’s why:
- Safety system for peace of mind on solo workouts
- Quick-connect GPS; no more time wasted “finding satellites” even in the city or on a cloudy day.
- Data to your online training log; no more time wasted “sync’ing”
- iPod-like ease of use; just one button and a touchscreen
- Water resistance to 100M; full GPS tracking when you swim (if you accidentally wash it - no worries, you won't break it!!!)
To save the best for last... my absolute favorite feature???
How long does the battery last?
The watch uses a standard coin cell battery that you'll need to replace every year or so. The GPS Go Stick gets about 17 hours of workout tracking between charges. It comes with a USB charging cable.
17 hours?????? Yes. Please. I really hate that my Garmin cannot last longer than 5.5-6.5 hours. Ultra training and races are pretty hard to analyze when the last parts of the run (the slowest) can't be analyzed because the stupid battery in your overpriced watch is dead...
So if you are anything like me, the second you read the specs on this, you were asking... where can I get this and how much does it cost? Well, unfortunately, it is not YET on the market. They are raising money through Kickstarter to produce it... with a deadline of July 13 to hit their funding goal of $400,000. As of today, they are about 1/3 of the way there, with just over a week to go.
Check them out HERE and to pledge your support for this amazing product - I know I will be!