Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Week in Review (December 5 - December 11)

Tuesday (15,383 steps) - Peloton before work. Picked what I thought was going to be a total body workout at lunch and it ended up being mostly upper body again. Walked quite a bit on the treadmill desk. 
Wednesday (19,361 steps) - Work in the office. Treadmill desk, read at lunch. A vendor delivered Crumbl cookies, and I thoroughly enjoyed half of each of these:
Headed home after work, took Olive for a quick walk. Kristin picked me and Ariel up so we could go BACK downtown for the annual holiday light run with Runners Edge! For the second year we were going to be starting closer to Ball Arena and would have a lot to park in - which is so nice! It was once again a really nice night!







I loved that the horse had painted hooves!!




A pretty great picture -- and can't believe no one ruined our shot!

Alex had gotten a photo booth again, and as always, it's so fun to do those!

We had the ramen truck again - it is soooo good, and part of the event is that the food is free! We stuck around for a bit socializing, but it was getting pretty late so we were some of the first to head out. 
Thursday (18,739 steps) - Work from home. Ariel and I went to get Dutch (I'm pretty obsessed with the candy cane cold brew right now) and then I had to go for my run. I had 14x70 "sprints" to do. Still being sore from the race, I wasn't super psyched about this one, PLUS, it was really windy. It went better than expected (and I appreciated I had a wide pace range).
Took Olive for a walk at lunch.
We had an exciting mail day! Ariel finally got her "hard copy" acceptance from Mines in the mail - which she said finally makes it official!
Friday (24,774 steps) - I was on the fence about going to walk in the morning since it was supposed to be cold, but since I woke up with time, I drove down. It ended up actually being quite a nice morning! Also, really enjoying the holiday menu at Stella's.

No recollection of the day, other than doing a lot of walking on the treadmill desk. Did a short core video and read my book at lunch. After work, we went to 4 Noses for one (seriously) beer - my first one in two weeks! Went to Costco to pick up a pizza for dinner and get groceries.
Saturday (25,956 steps) - We woke up to 5" of fresh snow and a planned long run that we were NOT looking forward to. We were to be meeting Tyler, Larry and Terri at Teller Farms for a run of undetermined distance. Terri claimed it shouldn't be "that bad."

So running in fresh snow sucks. It is chunky and slippery and about 10 times the effort of whatever the terrain would normally be. There were not a lot of people out (which was not a surprise) and we were some of the first people out. Thankfully, it was not windy and actually not as cold as I thought it might be.




Greg had given me a progression run of 3.5 hours. Ben stopped at 8 miles, saying that was plenty, but I continued on to get 10, because I agreed with Terri that driving that far deserved at least double digits. With the conditions, it took us a LONG time. We decided to get brunch. I had to add this picture of Tyler eating bacon - he used to be vegetarian!

Ben and I stopped at 4 Noses on the way home, then made Teriyaki for dinner since A was working. We watched random stuff. At some point I must have stubbed my toe because it hurt so bad by the time I went to bed.
Sunday (12,201 steps) - Up early to go to the Runners Roost team party. I offered to drive and picked Tyler up at 8:20 to get to the Denver store. Ben had taped my toes (apparently the only thing you CAN do if you break a toe?) and I was going to try to run. Unfortunately, I had to stop and turn around after about 10 minutes because it hurt. Ugh. This is annoying. Didn't take any pictures at the "party" and we got back home in time to take Olive for a lunch walk. Went to Torchy's for lunch. No idea what else.
Monday (12,264 steps) - Work from home. I didn't have any run on schedule since I had told Greg what happened with my toe, and we agreed walking and recovering was for the best. I took Olive for a three mile walk at lunch. Watched Get Out! while working. Glad I did the long walk earlier, as it was pretty cold by the time I took Olive for the second walk after I was off work. Dinner at home and Fargo.

Stats:
  • 128,678 steps
  • 21.68 miles run
  • 30 minutes of cardio
  • 35 minutes of strength

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 23 to April 29)

Tuesday  (13,393 steps) - Peloton before work and strength training at lunch. The landscapers had been hard at work all day. Crazy how much ...