Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Week in Review (December 12 - December 18)

Tuesday (15,935 steps) - Work in the office. Since my toe is still sad I didn't get up to ride before work. I used the Peloton at work (because it has baskets and I can wear my wider, regular shoes) and just did an easy ride (vs a class, because I didn't want to put too much pressure on my toe). Also did a core video and walked quite a bit on the treadmill desk.
Wednesday (21,592 steps) - Work in the office. Lots of walking on the treadmill desk. Peloton, did an upper body video and read my book at lunch. After work I rushed home to get Olive so we could go to run club in Louisville. I didn't plan on running, but Olive got excited seeing everyone else run, so we went for it. I was pleasantly surprised that running didn't hurt any more than walking, PLUS, Olive actually ran the entire time!

Thursday (19,625 steps) - Work from home.  Got coffee with Ariel. Decided to do an easy, short run. Planned to do my 5K route at the lake, and was pretty sad to find out the trails were muddy. Took Olive for the long mud route walk at lunch. Ben picked me up after he got off work to go to 4 Noses, then we stopped by Costco to pick up dinner. 
Friday (22,790 steps) - Wash Park and Stella's!
Treadmill desk and reading my book at lunch. Not a too exciting day. Ben picked me up and we went to 4 Noses for happy hour.
Saturday (22,462 steps) - Greg wanted me to try a longer run today, so we headed up to Boulder for a 6 mile run. The first 4-5 weren't too bad, but I was definitely tired by the end.

I really enjoy having bare arms in December. Decently windy, but it wasn't cold. One beer at 4 Noses before heading home to take Olive for a walk, then it was time to get ready for my work Christmas party. Seemed like another successful cheap Amazon dress purchase.
Party didn't start until 6, so we did a quick stop by Odyssey for a holiday beer.
Party this year was at the Brown Palace, so we parked at my office and walked over (to save the discounted $25 valet). I was smart and wore flip flops on the walk over and carried the shoes I planned on wearing. The food was delicious, like usual, but man, I didn't know most of the people there. How on earth I have worked at the same place for 6.5 year and hardly know anyone is baffling. Sat at a table with Eric and her daughter, so at least had someone to talk to. We neglected to get any "real" pictures, so here are a few selfies on our way out.

It was also the night of Sully's "last" Christmas party. I had told Ariel I would stop by and get some of his famous lasagna and cake for her. 
Once again, didn't know anyone since it seemed mostly like his work friends. Kara and Jim showed up right before we left, so at least we briefly had someone to say hi to.
Sunday (18,189 steps) - We only had a "recovery" run of no planned distance, so I decided on 4ish miles. The run was fine, nothing remarkable. We took Olive for a walk and then went to Torchy's for lunch. We had big plans of being productive, so Ben washed the cars and I cleaned. The animals rested (only after I was done vacuuming, they are all scared of that).
We watched a really boring movie (that I had high hopes for) - Supercell.
Monday (17,479 steps) - Work from home (yaaaaaaayyyy). Went to Dutch Bros. to get coffee with Ariel, then had to take Olive to the vet for her annual visit. Went for my easy run, the weather was "warmish" but thankfully I had worn long sleeves. Took Olive for a walk and saw a zillion geese, which thankfully she didn't try to chase.
Went to Costco to pick up dinner and get some pizza for lunch. Watched "Us" while working and finishing out the day. 

Stats:
  • 138,072 steps
  • 16.4 miles run
  • 45 minutes of cardio
  • 15 minutes of strength

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 23 to April 29)

Tuesday  (13,393 steps) - Peloton before work and strength training at lunch. The landscapers had been hard at work all day. Crazy how much ...