Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Week in Review (December 1 - December 7)

Tuesday (12,126 steps) - Work from home. Cold front came through and it was NOT warm. Went for the lunch walk with Pika solo because Ben was putting together the bar stools that we ordered. 
Skipped the evening walk because I had almost frozen to death earlier. Finished packing up the medals. (Have I mentioned that I have a zillion of them?)
Went to Home Depot to price out appliance bundles, didn't order anything.
Wednesday (11,748 steps) - Work in the office in the morning. Home in time to take Pika for her lunch walk. More packing!
Thursday (16,759 steps) - Work from home. WE CLOSED ON THE NEW HOUSE!! 

I know I passively talked about what's been going on, but I have to hand it to our realtor. We sold my house when we were running Moab 240 and closed in just two weeks with an amazing cash offer. The contract we accepted also gave us 60 days to stay in our place while we looked for something else. While we did have some things in storage for a "cleaner" showing, we now have a few weeks to move from our old house to our new one, which saves a LOT of stress. The only "issue" we even encountered was the sellers not having the house cleaned before closing. But once again, our realtor to the rescue, he got a cleaners scheduled for the the next day. So, minor bummer that we were not able to start moving "in" right away, but we got some stuff done around the house (painting) and some things moved into the garage.
Cookie basket and flowers from our realtor!
Friday (25,277 steps) - Work from home. Ben did more work at the new house while A and I were still at our old house. The cleaning company came and spent a few hours deep cleaning the new house. The weather was SO nice that I extended my lunch break a bit to go for a 30 minute run after I walked Pika. We made a TON of trips between the old and new house.
Saturday (17,029 steps) - Woke up ridiculously early for a weekend and got to work right away. It took most of the day, but I got my shelving units built for our new mud room! Most of this was done on my own, but Ariel did help with two of them. 
LONG day, and more trips between the old and new house.
Sunday (20,772 steps) - Up "early" for another in person race! RMRR 4.5 mile at Wash Park. I hadn't run with RMRR since the March race right before everything shut down. They did a great job of contactless registration and even figured out an easier way for us to stagger start based on our handicaps. I didn't run as fast as the last time I ran this race (2018), but my biggest success was that I didn't feel horrible and I actually ran 100% of the race - didn't walk once! 

Garmin Time - 46:29
Garmin Distance  4.54
Garmin Pace - 10:15
Mile 1 - 10:22
Mile 2 - 10:27
Mile 3 - 10:16
Mile 4 - 10:07
Mile 4.5 - 9:51

I hung around until the end and chatted with some folks before heading home. More moving. Pika walk!
Pulled out the matchy matchy pajamas I got everyone and took some pictures. We are dorky :D


Monday (12,628 steps) - Work from home. More moving. Pika walk. That's about it...

Stats:
  • 116,339 steps
  • 7.1 miles run
  • 29 minutes cross training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 16 - April 22)

Tuesday  (43,134 steps) - the end of Southern States 200 ! After I loaded up my drop bags I was suddenly exhausted. I knew there was no way ...