Wednesday (19,370 steps) - Got to "sleep in" since all I needed to get done was a video. Chose a new pilates/abs video and some stretching. HOLY CRAP. I have zero abs, and apparently, not much in the way of glut/thigh muscles either. Wah. Also, today was A's last day of school! Can't believe she will already be heading into fifth grade in the fall. Where has the time gone??
Friday (12,895 steps) - Rest day!! I did, however, do an abs video that is INSANELY hard (for me, with no abs). Loaded up the car for the weekend, dropped A off at a friend's house, and then I headed to work. It was super slow because a lot of people were gone for the holiday weekend. THANKFULLY, they decided to close the office at 3 - which meant we would be able to get on the road sooner. I picked up A and we headed south. We stopped to get a picture near Collegiate Peaks.
When we arrived in the Salida area we stopped at Elevation brewing. I hoped there would be food, but the place was really small so I just had a quick drink and then we went down the road to a cute Italian restaurant for dinner.
|A doesn't like this picture, but I think it's a cool pic of her running up the hills!|
|Am I shrinking?|
Sunday (23,216 steps) - With nothing planned in the morning, we "slept in" - but I think we were still up by 7:30. Had breakfast in the hotel lobby, and then watched some tv - I also did do an abs video (I promise I will get abs (again?). We went to the pool for about a half hour, showered, picked up Subway to go, and then headed back into Mesa Verde. We had plans to hike/run the Petroglyph trail. The first half a mile or so was runnable, and then it was a fairly challenging hike. Plus, it was HOT. We took a ton of pictures, and thought the whole hike round trip was just over two miles. I thought it was an out and back, and when it got close to an hour and we hadn't seen the petroglyphs yet, I started to panic a bit. We had to be at our first tour at 3:30, and it wasn't exactly close by. Luckily, we realized/discovered that the hike was a loop (A claims she knew this all along), we we ended up having enough time.
|Spruce Tree House - closed to the public at this time for fear of rock slides|
|The 32 foot ladder!|
|A is standing UNDER one of the balconies|
Monday (16,421 steps) - Up just after 5 am so that we could be on the road early. Stopped to get coffee on the way out of town and then drove straight through to Pagosa Springs where we picked up breakfast and lunch at Subway. We drove all the way to Mosca for our next activity - the Great Sand Dunes! It was a tad out of the way, but I'm not in this part of the state that often and A really wanted to go. I hadn't been to the dunes since 2001, shortly after I was married. I was so overweight and out of shape then that I couldn't even climb all the way up to the highest dune - so that was the goal.
- 128,453 steps
- 15 miles run (lowest mileage in ages!)
- 4 hikes, just over 4 hours total (not counting the tours we did, those were super short)
- 131 minutes of strength stretching (I made sure to do something 5 out of 7 days!)
- 1,120 miles driven over the weekend (not a real "stat," I just thought that was really a lot of driving!
- Weekly gain 1.6 pounds (129.6) - I am super sad to be at this weight. I haven't been in the 130's since I had A a decade ago. I really have to be more conscious about what I'm doing. Hopefully some of this is just "vacation gain."
- See above. #noteatingallthethings didn't go so well while we were out of town. I feel like I kept up a decent level of activity. However, we were also in the car a ton, so I guess there is that.
- Nothing else. Recovery week from being out of town.