Wednesday - I had moved my speed work this week so that I would NOT be running right after eating, but due to a dinner reschedule, I had tempo run on a full stomach. Goal - 1 easy, 5 at tempo (10:05), 1 easy. I was pressed for time since I had to get home to watch Hannah, and my stomach hurt a bit. This, shockingly, did not go well. Actual - 11:28, 10:25, 10:33, 10:17 and .75 @ 9:57 for only 4.75 miles total. I hate hate hate hate hate tempo runs SO MUCH.
Thursday - I took the day off from work since it was FIELD DAY!! I took a billion pictures (because it lasted 3.5 hours).
After the kids were done, L and I had a kids-free "early birthday" lunch at Chili's and shared some mini cheesecakes. After dinner, did one of my favorite leg videos - drop it like a squat. Got the kids to join in for the first half or so, that was fun.
Friday - NADA. The other B was in town, so I met her after work at a brewery in Cap Hill for a few beers. No picture, because I suck.
Saturday - Redline Erie half marathon. (According to my plan, I should have been running 8 miles @ 10:37 and official results have my 13.1 @ 10:47, so I guess not too terrible). Met up with Jessa and her son for lunch at Old Chicago, then we took the kids to see Mr. Peabody and Sherman, which was cute.
Sunday - Took an extra rest day... because it was my BIRTHDAY. I had sort of thought about running Colfax marathon, but INSTEAD, I met up with some friends from work and L at Waffle Brothers (the most delicious waffle place EVER) which was ON the marathon course at mile 24. I've never really watched a marathon, but wow, people don't look happy that late in the game. It was a hot day and I think I wouldn't have had a great time. So, instead, eating. The rest of the day was spent shopping (I got a cute dress at LOFT for $9.88) and more eating. Low-key and boring birthday.
|My dad actually ordered me an ice cream cake. So cute.|
Weekly Miles Run - 17.85 (4.75 treadmill, 13.1 race)
Weekly Cross - I did lots of walking I didn't log, 2 mile bike ride with A
Minutes of Strength - 166
Weekly Loss - Negligible.
- So my game plan for my birthday was to have all my favorite foods, just in moderation. I had a very slight loss from last week and got to eat everything I wanted, so I guess that is a win.
- For REAL, I am going to make a better effort to #noteatallthethings. I just love food so much :(
- Mostly nothing.
- My BIA finally came. Bet you never thought you would see the day. Me neither. Review will come in a few weeks, after I have had a chance to use it.
- I ordered a new hydration system for training this summer. My vest is "OK" - it is comfortable and all, but cleaning it is a giant pain in the ass. So, I picked up the double hydra quiver pack from Orange Mud - review on this will also come in a few weeks. I have a link at the top of my blog if you want to check them out!
- I did, however, set up my online dating stuff again. It's now been a year, so maybe I'm ready? The creepers are still out of course, and I'm appalled at the things men say in a first contact message. No dates lined up yet, but I'm talking to a couple of people.
- Work is the same, we are FINALLY having a "work flow" meeting today to go over what everyone is supposed to be doing since the communication here is so poor. Can't wait.