Truth is, the posts irritate me. Why? Because I'm jealous!! I can admit it.
Anyway, I never participate in the "thankful" posts because, quite frankly, trying to think of THIRTY things I'm grateful for seems exhausting.
I'm a total jerk and it's time I come to terms with the fact that I'm at this stage of my life based on how I've lived my last 35 years and all the decisions I've made. Sure, my life kind of sucks right now, but to say that I have NOTHING to be thankful for is ridiculous.
So......... I'll just do some bullets and get it all out of the way now.
- In December, 2004 I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. Did you know that I still have never, not even ONE time, taken a single medication for it?
- About two years ago, I had to have a mammogram and biopsy for a lump in my breast. Could have been malignant, but it wasn't.
- Five years ago, I got divorced. I eliminated a very toxic relationship from my life, and finally, after this many years, we can be humans to each other for the sake of A.
- I've been a single mom now for over 5 years. It is SO easy for me to see the "hard/bad" side of it - I have no "me" time, anything I want to do I have to find a sitter (my ex lives 1000 miles away). BUT, on the "good" side, A is a well-rounded and a happy (almost) 8 year old.
- I have a dead end horrible job. But, at least I get a paycheck every two weeks.
- I have a very supportive family that helps me out a TON with A, and pretty much anything else that comes up. I mean, how many people can say they were able to race all 50 states (and a few countries) in just a few years??
To round out this super sappy and unlike me post, here are some pictures of what I'm thankful for (Yes, I realize these are almost all running related. But let's be real, that's a HUGE part of my life).
|Ariel - I might be biased, but she is one awesome kid.|
|L, my sister and best friend. She is honestly my other half!|
|I have some pretty great friends. And they even will dress like me!!|
|I have had some great adventures in my life, and can't wait for whatever happens next.|
Thanks for everything, friends!!