Wednesday - 5ish mile run on the treadmill - and it wasn't bad!
Thursday - Leg video. The end. It was also Halloween, and we dressed up and went out begging for candy. A and I had matchy matchy costumes of course:
It was the coldest and windiest ever. A got a ton of candy. Of COURSE, I had to eat a dozen pieces, you know, to make sure it wasn't poisoned. I ended up in a candy funk and then had a beer to try to fix that. Thankfully, I didn't have to get up and go to work the next day.
Friday - Mile run in the basement inferno and arm video. Went to Target to score the Halloween bargains. I managed to get a GIANT bag of fun size Mike & Ike's. Best buy ever. Long long LONG drive to Moab.
Saturday - Moab trail marathon!
Sunday - Long long LONG drive back to Denver. 1 mile "recovery run" around a cute lake on my way to pick up A from the sitter. I hate sitting for that long after a tough race.
Monday - 2ish miles on the treadmill. Felt surprisingly good, but due to lack of time I cut it pretty short (also, not wanting to overdo anything). Added another half mile of walking with incline - you know, training for maybe-another-100-miler.
Gain - 0.2 pounds
- SHOCKED by this very slight gain. I for REAL ate everything this week. It all started with Halloween and went downhill from there. (But not really, because WOW, I really like burgers and pizza and I had ALL of that this week).
- Beer is settling down a bit I guess. It helps that I don't have a lot of money to buy the fancy beer I like. Wah.
- The ex-husband is actually paying for A's birthday party this year!!! A gets to have the party she has been asking for ALL YEAR, a roller skating party! We stopped in at the rink on Sunday and put down the deposit and picked up her invitations. She is psyched.
- Speaking of A's birthday party, her actual BIRTHDAY is in only NINE days. I still have not bought her anything. When I asked her what she wanted, she told me a coloring book. What.
- It has now been a month since I cut up my credit card (maybe a bit longer). Holy crap. I did NOT realize how much I relied on that thing to help me skate through until payday. I'm trying this new fangled concept called a "budget" and I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE it. I do NOT like tracking my money. I have never really HAD to track my money and I am NOT enjoying doing it.
- Work is the same. No better, no worse, so I guess that is something.
- Daylight savings is the WORST THE WORST THE WORST. There is nothing more depressing than being at work all day and then finally getting to leave and it is already dark. Feels even MORE like my whole day is wasted. Womp.
- The silver lining of my week? The new holiday sweater from INKnBURN!!! I cannot WAIT to rock this at my holiday race in December :D - (Remember, if you haven't bought from INKnBURN before, you can set up an account at check out and use code BeckaToldMe and you can save 15% off your entire purchase!)