Wednesday - I wore my new holiday sweater from INKnBURN to work because AFTER work I ran....... 3 miles at......... RUN CLUB!! I tested out the new Adidas "Boost" and while they were ok running, they were quite possibly the most UNCOMFORTABLE shoe while walking. Always a relief when I try a shoe that I do NOT like.
Thursday - 5.5 of not-the-greatest miles on the treadmill at the gym. Video trifecta (legs, arm, core), 63 push-ups.
Friday - 1.25 in the basement inferno before work. Good thing I got that done early because I pretty much drank ALL THE BEER on Friday. Jessa convinced me to go out with her for a few drinks on Friday at the bar down the street. So much fun, and I considered it carb loading.
Sunday - Route 66 half marathon!
Monday - 3.5 on the treadmill. Legs were achy and sore. Is this what happens when someone runs FAST on a HILLY course? I have not been sore from running a half in YEARS.
Weekly Miles Run - 28.7 (13.1 racing, 3 outside, 12.6 treadmill)
Minutes of Strength Training - 80 (missed a day of legs/core)
Gain - 0.6 pounds
- Entering the holiday season, I am going to have to be a bit more cautious in what I'm eating. I have been doing fairly well at maintaining, but I'm concerned that all the delicious food will get the better of me.
- Food indulgences this week? UM EVERYTHING. I had sweet potato fries twice, the best burger on EARTH, desserts (chocolate cake a few times), cheesecake, Yogurtland and DONUTS... I blame some of that on traveling, but this was a pretty out of control week for me.
- ALL OF THE BEER. ALL OF IT. I cannot even estimate how much I actually consumed this week, so that probably means that it was TOO MUCH. But it was tasty.
- ZERO dating gossip. I'm not talking to anyone, not seeing anyone. I saw the cute gym guy one day and apparently I am too chicken to do anything about it. So I will just stare awkwardly from the treadmill.
- Work = Blah. The end. I'll stop complaining.
- Apparently, A had her eyes tested at school. I got a letter in the mail that she did NOT pass the vision test. Kids should be in the 20/20 to 20/30 range. They estimate her at 20/125+. WTF. Next thing to use my money tree for - eye exam and glasses... Unfortunately, her health insurance (and mine) do not include vision insurance. (Hence why I have not been in almost 2 years...) Le sigh.