Saturday, May 1, 2010

Outdoor Training Run - Big Dry Creek Trail - Friday, April 30

In my mission to suck less and be more awesome, I've added more outdoor training runs to my schedule - the new mantra being that no matter what the weather is, I have to run. I've been pretty lucky so far and I wasn't too thrilled to see that it was raining/snowing on and off while I was at work. Compound that with no sun? Blah. But, I was bound and determined, so... L was not able to do a run with me, so I opted for the "easier" Big Dry Creek Trail. I was at least smart enough to wear my long sleeve Canyonlands tech shirt and capris. But 47 degrees when the sun isn't shining and the wind is blowing, and light rain is falling? Chilly.  I run past the Armed Forces Tribute Garden (hard to see because the sun wasn't out):


I usually encounter quite a few people when I'm out running, but with the weather being so questionable, I only saw one guy on his bike with his dog, and one fellow jogger (who was wearing shorts?!) Since I was doing an out and back, I decided to do my bare minimum run (of a 5K), not wanting to get caught out in open fields if it started to downpour. Sure enough, the rain starting coming down (lightly) when I was about 10 minutes away from the car. Speaking of random things I see along my runs? This piece of farm equipment...


All in all, the run was a success as I made it back without getting drenched. First outdoor run pace under 10 minute miles in a while:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (March 19 - March 25)

Tuesday  (12,786 steps) - Work in the office. Since Ariel is in France, I had to hire a dog walker for the first time in a VERY long time (l...