Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Week in Review (February 6 - February 12)

Tuesday (19,459 steps) - Peloton before work in the office. Cross training at lunch. Took Olive for a walk when I got home.
Three years of showing up at least once a week for cross training!
Wednesday (28,102 steps) - Work in the office. Lots of miles on the treadmill desk and then headed to Green Mountain after work. I was really surprised that the Lakewood didn't close the trails. The bottom section was wet and muddy. As I got higher up the fire road it was slushy.
Getting to the top ridge line and it was narrow, packed down ice. It was a gorgeous night, but I didn't want to roll an ankle and it was slow going. It also got pretty windy.




Met Ben at Parry's for happy hour.
Thursday (22,942 steps) - Work from home. Took Olive for a walk at lunch on the mud route before going for my run. It was windy, but another day of being able to wear shorts! Met Ben at Parry's for dinner.
Friday (23,310 steps) I haven't been sleeping well so I skipped the morning walk. Work was crazy busy and I didn't get to sneak out early like I usually try to do. Ben was at Big O getting his new wheels and tires, so met up at Parry's. Again.
Saturday (24,634 steps) - Tried to sleep in and failed. It snowed overnight again, so we weren't sure what we were going to be able to do. We decided to go to North Table because we figured at least there wouldn't be any bikes if the weather wasn't amazing. There were a surprising number of cars in the lot and we headed up the fire road. It was snowy and felt much steeper than I remember.
We saw a gal at the top of the fire road snapping on a snowboard and also saw some people with a sled. SNOWED ON US THE WHOLE TIME. Because the snow is so wet, there were areas that were slushy, but a lot of the trail was just... snow.
Needless to say we didn't do a ton of running because we weren't sure what we were stepping on. Pretty though!

Took Olive for a walk - she loves this weather!
Sunday (10,440 steps) - We had to be up early to go to Runner's Roost in Denver for the team kickoff. After a few years off, Ben is back on the team. We took Olive with us and had plans to run with Maureen. The streets were really icy after all the snow, and I wasn't feeling great, so a 5k at dog pace was fine with me.
As always, great to see all our teammates! We went to Parry's on the way home for a quick snack. Then it was time to shower and go to Ben's house for his 50th birthday party / Super Bowl party. We didn't stay too long and then headed over to 4 Noses to watch the rest of the game. Looooong night.
Monday (18,560 steps) - Work from home. SUPER busy since I am on a short (maybe longer) term coverage assignment. I was slammed most of the day. Barely had time to take Olive for a short walk and I had to cut my run a bit short because I didn't get out until later in the afternoon. Ben and I went to Salsa's for dinner and then we watched a movie. Finally got in bed early for once.

Stats:
  • 147,447 steps
  • 27.28 miles run
  • 45 minutes of cardio
  • 60 minutes of strength

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 23 to April 29)

Tuesday  (13,393 steps) - Peloton before work and strength training at lunch. The landscapers had been hard at work all day. Crazy how much ...