Friday, February 2, 2024

Week in Review (January 23 - January 29)

Tuesday (18,113 steps) - Work in the office. Lots of treadmill desk. Got to finish setting up my new file area since our physical file room is being demolished!! Hard to believe file rooms have become a thing of the past! At least for everyone except my estate attorney...
Took Olive for a walk when I got home.
Wednesday (20,801 steps) - Work in the office. Treadmill desk miles and did a Peloton ride at lunch. I wasn't planning on working hard, so I hadn't even changed into athletic clothes. Kinda backfired as I got really sweaty. Heather was still in town for work, so we met up for a quick beer before she had to head to the airport. 
Thursday (16,475 steps) - Work from home. Did an easy run with strides. I say "easy" because I took it pretty easy. Also, it was warm and I was happy to wear shorts! Took Olive for a walk at lunch, skipping the lake area because I knew it would be muddy.
Friday (19,643 steps) - Actually went to Wash Park and Stella's for the first time in a while and we had a big group - even though it was snowing. Treadmill desk and a busy day at work. Took Olive for a walk when we got home from happy hour.
Saturday (31,999 steps) - Had a long run to do but wanted to be done early and couldn't think of somewhere "fun" to go. We ended up going to Central Park so that we could run with Runners Edge. I've done this route before and it's not amazing. Still not amazing, but it was nice to run with friends. Plus, we also saw a pterodactyl nest:
And a weird painted sculpture. 
We went to Panera with Janet and Pete to get some food. I got the grilled cheese like I've always gotten in the past and was really disappointed with the size and taste. Just not the same as it used to be. Headed down the street to Station 26 for a beer and to register for Ghost Train! 
We both were able to get registered before it sold out - which happened in less than 45 minutes - pretty crazy. The beer wasn't very good, so we left to go home and walk Olive and then went to 4 Noses.
Sunday (15,327 steps) - Slept in a bit. Took Olive for a walk at the lake - the weather was sooo nice!
Had an hour run on schedule, and we couldn't decide where to go. Finally picked Rocky Flats, but on the drive there, I wondered if we could find the trail head Ariel has run from before. We managed to find it without too much trouble. WOW IS THIS SECTION SO MUCH HILLIER AND TECHNICAL! The north side you MAYBE get 100' of gain, whereas the south side we were about 400! Lots more walking than planned, some of these hills were really steep and rocky!


With that said, in the event we need to train for a race in Arizona again, we have the perfect rocky place to train. We went to 4 Noses, then spent the evening wondering where the weekend went. Watched a movie and look how close Olive and Batman got!
Monday (23,197 steps) - Having slept horribly, again, I was not amused to be up early for my annual obgyn appointment. Then, the coffee maker broke, so I had to go to Dunkin to get caffeinated. I had a run on schedule and hoped with the warmer temperatures for dry trails. The south side was fine, until I got closer to the hill. I turned around about 1/3 of the way up because I didn't want to do strides in the mud. Run overall was ok, but running fast seemed hard.
Took Olive for a walk (on the mud route), and then another walk after I got off work. Read my book while Ben worked on fixing the coffee maker (which he did!)

Stats:
  • 145,555 steps
  • 27.02 miles run
  • 30 minutes of cardio
  • 0 minutes of strength

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 23 to April 29)

Tuesday  (13,393 steps) - Peloton before work and strength training at lunch. The landscapers had been hard at work all day. Crazy how much ...