Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Week in Review (February 6 - February 12)

Tuesday (14,310 steps) - Got there a little late, but went back to the Sloan's Lake Tap & Burger for run club. (We may do this instead of speed work, undecided). Ran just over 4 miles with A and Dulce, and then had delicious pasta and salad. A sold more cookies. Home late-ish again.
Wednesday (21,075 steps) - Roost Boulder run club! We were heading out on a semi-new trail! I'll have to run this again when I can actually see what's happening, it seemed like it would be really pretty!
After the run we went to Under the Sun where we had some food/drinks and A sold (A LOT) of Girl Scout cookies.
Thursday (12,491 steps) - Roost Belmar run club! Newton was there for shoe demos, and I tried the new Gravity - mainly because they are really pretty! I have been wearing Newtons as my primary road shoes for many years, so it's always a treat when the rep visits. The park was closed, so we ended up running to Addenbrook Park and back. It was kind of a meh run, but warm enough for bare legs!
Friday (6,679 steps) - Barre with Sasha. A went to a sleepover. I made a complicated cake for a friend with lots of allergies and watched a few episodes of Game of Thrones.
Saturday (18,737 steps) - Runners Edge Lakewood. It was cold and snowy. Really happy I only had 8 miles on schedule.
My one picture from the run is the random "Mr Popper's Penguins" house
After I picked up my aid station I headed home for a super quick shower, picked up A at her friend's house and then braved the treacherous roads to Boulder to sell more cookies at Under the Sun. Not quite as many sold, but I enjoyed a delicious breakfast burrito and a stout. THEN, we headed down to Dulce's for Valensgiving! A great evening with food and friends.
Sunday (19,457 steps) - Arrived at the Platte River Bar & Grill for volunteering at RMRR. We helped with registration until it was time to run. I was starting about 4 minutes after the gun. The trail was snow-covered and icy. When running north, I kept thinking... why am I wearing so many layers? Then when we turned around there was an awful head wind. It was cold and not a lot of fun.
I took this at the start!
Once again, no pics of me, so here is one of A looking awesome
Time - 1:16:15
Distance - 7.00 miles
Mile 1 - 11:03
Mile 2 - 10:44
Mile 3 - 10:22
Mile 4 - 10:40
Mile 5 - 11:56 (this is when I really wanted to die)
Mile 6 - 10:51
Mile 7 - 10:34

Most people didn't have a stellar day, which helped to get 7th place! Plus, I won a $25 gift certificate to Runner's Roost - good day!
Roost teammates!
Ribbon winners! - 7th place is purple!
Volunteers!
We went door to door selling cookies for about a half hour, and A did surprisingly well. Jan picked her up for a Scout meeting and I had lunch and watched more Game of Thrones. Before picking up A I dropped off 3 boxes and a bag at Goodwill (things are coming along!). Panda Express for dinner and getting caught up on Law & Order.
Monday (9,897 steps) - Runners Roost Stapleton run out of Cheluna Brewery! I ended up running with Jason Romero - and... it turns out we used to work for the same law firm years ago. Small world! Stayed out way too late playing trivia, BUT, we came in second place!! Fun night.
Warming up for the run playing foosball!
Stats:
  • 102,646 steps
  • 32.1 miles run
  • 1 barre class

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 2 - April 8)

Tuesday  (17,510) - Peloton before work in the office. Did my short cross training and left at lunch since Joyce is on vacation. Finally sto...