Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Week in Review (January 27 - February 2)

Tuesday (19,866 steps) Did an "easy" hill program, a 5K, on the treadmill. I will try to do a program at least once a week until I can get back on the trails. HILLS ARE KILLING ME.
Wednesday (16,380 steps) Run Club!!! Heather and I ran substantially further than we usually do - a 5K! (No really, I usually do a mile or so, just to "earn" a beer). There was even pizza AND CAKE after. First run club since before Christmas, so that was a  lot of fun :)
Thursday (20,971 steps) 5.1 miles on the treadmill. I had thought about doing speed work, but I wasn't in the mood for it. Also did a total body workout video - which I really liked!


Friday (10,638 steps) PIZZA FRIDAY!!!!
Saturday (19,535 steps) I asked my parents if they would mind hanging with A for a few hours in the morning so I could join the first ever "Happy Trails Run Club" monthly trail run put on by Runners Roost. There was snow in the forecast, but when I dropped A off at 9:30 it was just cold - no snow yet. The run was at Matthews Winters trail head - which is ridiculously close to me (out by Red Rocks), and yet I've NEVER run there. I opted for the shortest option - 4ish miles. Mainly because I didn't have a ton of time, and also because I knew I was going to be one of the slowest there and I didn't want to hold everyone up. I was, in fact, substantially slower than everyone else (hence the need for HILL TRAINING) - but I had a great time. The snow and wind started about the halfway point of the run, and the trail was a bit icy, but I was happy to have come out. In the afternoon we went to the mall.




Sunday (17,846 steps) A woke me up questioning if we were still going to run. Why? Well, it unexpectedly snowed about a half a foot overnight. I spent an hour shoveling the driveway and sidewalk and then we headed to Sloans Lake because I assumed it would be clear. IT WAS THE ICIEST EVER. And REALLY COLD. A did NOT have a great time, and honestly, I didn't either. I wore my trail shoes anticipating it being slick but I still slipped about 40 times. No falling though, so that was a win.



We went to Dunkin after for coffee and hot chocolate. Lots of TV in the afternoon. I also roasted a giant pan of veggies, made a delicious pork/salsa/pepper "thing" in the crock pot and baked a lasagna for dinner. So unlike me. We did NOT watch the Super Bowl. We DID watch the "Kitten Bowl" though.


This is about 1/6 of what I made in the crock pot
Monday (10,924 steps) Had plans to go to the gym but ended up working late instead. Settled for doing some squats and stretching videos.
What it looks like when you don't leave the office until 7:30 :(
Miles Run - 19.5
Weekly Steps - 116,160
Minutes of Cross Training - 0
Minutes of Strength/Stretching - 48

Weekly Gain/Loss - ????

So. No weigh in this week. No "tracking" - although as you can see, I'm doing a photo collage of what I have over the course of each day. (Because I know you are all fascinated by the sheer volume of items I'm able to consume).

If you can believe it, this is probably "less" overall than what I would consider "normal" (although Heather thinks I'm insane and that I eat a LOT). No eating out, other than the pizza.

I doubt I had a loss of any kind this week - and that's ok! It's really nice "not caring" about numbers - although as you can see - I spend a lot of time thinking about food!

Everything Else

  • Had coffee with my old office manager in an attempt to finally get all the money owed to me (for old expenses). She brought no money when we met up and didn't respond to my email when I asked when I might see anything. Tired of the BS, I forwarded my sent email to the Managing Partners and had my money within the hour. THEN, I got a series of angry texts from her. THANKFULLY, I am done with her nonsense and I don't have to deal with this crap anymore.
  • Did my taxes. On a Friday night! I sure know how to party :)
  • Sounds like that's about it...

2 comments:

  1. I've never once thought about hitting that Hill button on the treadmill. I might do that one of these days. Since we always run on the flat beach boardwalk--literally sea level, every time I go anywhere else to race the "hills"(300'+) and "elevation" (1000'+) just wipe me out.

    I use my kiddo's kid plates too!! They ARE a better size/fit than regular adult dinner plates.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you got the money and sent an email the partners. sounds like that woman doesn't need to be in her position.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 2 - April 8)

Tuesday  (17,510) - Peloton before work in the office. Did my short cross training and left at lunch since Joyce is on vacation. Finally sto...