Tuesday - Headed out to a "new to me trail" (North Table Loop / Mesa Top Trail) - even closer to home than I have been running. I planned on running about 2 hours. I was glad for it to be a "cooler" day as the trail I ran was very exposed - once I actually FOUND the correct trail. The first two miles were on a trail to the bike park. Then, I realized that a bridge I had run by in the first .25 mile was actually crossing the street TO the trail head. Duh. There were no maps available so I figured I would do a few miles out and then come back. There were a decent number of bikes and a few hikers. I hit what I figured was a decent summit and then headed back, enjoying the non-technical terrain. And of COURSE, that's when I tripped over a rock and slid, face first, down the hill. LOLZ. NOT on a technical trail, a pretty much flat one. 7.5 miles.
|Looked way more disgusting a day or two after with it all scabby and pink and infected looking|
Wednesday - Headed to run club! I was SORE after my fall on the mountain and figured I would do my minimal 2ish miles to earn a beer. I barely made it two miles, but got it done. Brooks was the sponsor of the night, and they brought "cornhole" for us to win prizes. I was the second person to throw and believe it or not, I got a CORNHOLE IN ONE!! As the first winner, I got to pick ANY pair of Brooks shoes, and I picked the PureGrit 3. I loved the original Flow's and figured I could use a new trail shoe (especially after my LAST trial run). So excited!
|Obviously not a picture of MY throw, lol|
Thursday - LONGEST.DAY.EVER. at work. I think we were the only people working, and, we didn't even get to leave work early. Skipped the workout and went to happy hour. I did go to the gym to walk a mile on the treadmill. I need to go at least 3 times a week to earn my $20 "health rebate."
Friday - Got up early for another "easy" trail run, testing my new PureGrit 3's, which I loved. Went to the same place (North Table Loop) where I fell earlier in the week, only this time, no falling. I also took a bit of a different direction (lots of trails on this mountain) and looped around with pretty much exactly what I wanted to do - another 7.5 miles.
Saturday - Mountain Madness half marathon.
Then, billions of hours driving BACK from Steamboat. I don't remember what I did that night. Must have done nothing. I think that was the night I went to bed at 8:30.
Sunday - NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING.
Monday - Chaos. Hard, like always.
Weekly Miles Run - 30.12 (15.01 trails, 2.0 road, 13.11 "racing")
Minutes of Cross Training - 60
Minutes of Strength/Stretching - um. none.
Weekly Gain - 0.2 pounds (121.2)
- Actually a little surprised it wasn't more. Again, I've come to the conclusion that I either care, or I don't. And right NOW, I seem to care during the week and not-so-much on the weekends.
- A former paralegal-turned-baker brought in a pizza box worth of samples from her bakery. Lemon bars and shortbread cookies covered in peanut butter and chocolate were my favorites.
- LOTS of pizza this weekend.
- Average amount of beer.
- I just have to say that THIS year, with A gone, I'm in a MUCH better place than I was last year. I'm still spending most of my time alone - a LOT of time on the trails, but I'm not super sad.
- Related: Eff this online dating nonsense. These "men" be CRAZY. I haven't even found one person in the last two months WORTH setting up a date with. I guess being picky will be my downfall (or saving grace?)
- Work has been crazy busy, STILL. Lots less time to play around on the Internet Machine. Good and bad, I guess.
- I had registered for a SUPER CHEAP marathon in the mountains in September and I got the email this week that it has been cancelled - the race director wants to put more time into the ultras he organizes. Wah.
- Related: Um, so, yeah. I'm running a 12 hour endurance run this weekend. That starts at night. I haven't run anything further than a half marathon since March, when I ran that extra long 50k... Should be... fun. And hopefully not 1). A BILLION degrees (yesterday, it was 88 at 7:00) or 2). Monsooning (last night at 9:00 it was crazy windy, thundering and lightning and dumped a TON of rain). Current forecast is... high of 91 degrees, 30 percent chance of rain. Wheeee!
- NOTHING from the car I hit over a month ago. NOTHING. So weird.
- I swear there was something else, I just can't remember what...