Tuesday - 1 mile run at the track with A. She decided with about .15 to go that the other random guy on the track was NOT going to pass her and she took off. Fastest pace? 6:23. I died trying to keep up. We also did a 2 mile ride around the neighborhood and I did arms, core and butt/thigh videos.
Thursday - Got up early and did the arms, core and butt/thigh videos. I left work at 12:30 and had lunch with my co-worker. Picked up A at school at 2:30 and then drove to the airport. Flight to California was uneventful. Delicious dinner of PIZZA (start of an #EatEverything weekend). We went to Yogurtland, where we briefly met up with Madison. No pictures, since I am the worst blogger ever. I feel like we went to bed early, but I already have forgotten.
Friday - Stopped and got donuts for breakfast. TASTY TASTY TASTY. Heather got an extra pass for Disneyland, so in addition to the other Heather, me and A, L and H, we had Gabs along for the ride too! Did you know that California was the HOTTEST PLACE ON EARTH on Friday?? It melted the kids in submission and they were the most well-behaved children on the planet. We rewarded the children with giant waffle cones and a trip to Build-A-Bear. We spent about 45 seconds at the expo. Bought zero things, and still SUPER DUPER UNIMPRESSED WITH THE DUMB UNISEX GIANT SHIRTS. For the billions of dollars I spend running Disney races, I would REALLY like a shirt I could actually wear again. Grrr. Dinner was spaghetti! Deeeelicious.
|And the kids didn't even make it home before falling asleep...|
|The bottom right neon tank was actually for someone else...|
|Just kidding. I took ONE picture. Not of the kids, but of the hot guy in the white swim shorts. Yum.|
Monday - Wake up at the crack of dawn to go on a 10 mile trail run with Heather on the Pacific Ridge trail. We were lucky enough for a bit cooler temperatures and some heavy fog for the first half. Turns out, most of the downhill was in the beginning as well. The second half was uphill and hot. But so pretty!! Took the kids to the pool for a few hours and then did... nothing. But, we had MORE PIZZA for dinner. I love pizza so much. SO, SO MUCH.
NO WEIGH IN THIS WEEK...
- I ate EVERYTHING this weekend. Seriously, all of the things. I had donuts - every single day. I had pizza (3 times!!!). I had In N' Out. I had candy. I had so many food items I really can't even remember what I ate.
- I had the best time visiting California. It is so much nicer to go out there and not have to just turn right around and come back.
- Also nice? Heather living the dream and not having to work while I was there!
- Social life is still non-existent. I posted a ridiculous status on Facebook and have been informed that internet dating is the new cool thing, BUT NOT THE FREE SITES. I guess I will check that out at some point.
- I am registered for double half marathons this weekend, but I think I'll skip the one on Saturday and do a 22 mile run with Hope and my new training group.