Total miles - 1612.90
January - 226.28
February - 277.71
March - 161.44
April - 109.30
May - 132.72
June - 143.24
July - 90.13
August - 67.08
September - 101.48
October - 101.81
November - 77.60
Number of Races - 43
5K - 3
10K - 3
Half Marathon - 20
14.5 Mile - 1
Marathon - 12
50K - 2
100 Mile DNF - 1
Ragnar Relay - 1
My favorite parts of 2012:
- Training for Moab
- Running THREE marathons (among other things) with my BFF!
- Running my 50th State with my sister! (Although running State 49 with Kim might have been a better adventure)
- PR for my marathon! Who cares that I ran it on January 1!
- Lots of trail running, including the most amazing trip ever, running the Incan Trail marathon in Peru!
- The Baker's Dozen Half marathon in Utah. For real. Most fun ever. I love food/sugar.
- Meeting new and reuniting with old running friends. Runners are The Best.
- Disney, Disney, Disney
- Winning one of the Half Fanatic of the Year awards (for 2011)
- Not finishing Moab 100
- Being injured. Mostly IT Band stuff, but also some calf and ankle issues throughout the year, although luckily nothing until after I was done failing at Moab :D
- Being injured -> Running Slow -> Not liking running. A few rough months where training really went down the tubes. I "blame" the new (April) job, my good friend's unexpected death in July and overall burnout.
- I've said it before. I do not do resolutions. If I want to change something, I do it NOW.
- I will be traveling much less (well, after JANUARY OF AWESOME, anyway).
- I will likely be doing WAY less marathons. I simply can't keep up with the training, and I said I would stop running them when they stopped being fun.
- With that said. I *do* have a few marathons on my schedule - thanks to the fact that I love to plan ahead. For now, I will keep all those on schedule.
- Related: Have you checked out my schedule lately? It's so naked! Will I see any of my readers at these races (Obviously I will see tons of people at Eugene!)
- OMG SO EXCITED FOR DISNEY!! I am running Goofy Challenge with my Heather and L, and then the FOLLOWING week, I get to run Tink (thanks to all your donations in support of my fundraising for the AFSP) with Heather. THE COSTUMES ARE PLANNED, THE FOOD IS BEING PLANNED. THERE IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN I CAN HARDLY CONTAIN MYSELF.
- Training-wise, I am trying to rebuild my base. I went through about 6 months of denial with my "long" runs being 4-5 miles, then "wondering" why my races were feeling so difficult. Um. Hello. It is not rocket science.
- Related: If I can figure out how to afford it, I might try to get a running coach. Several of my run buddies have one, and are seeing awesome results. We'll see. I want to keep running FUN(ish).
The winner of the Road ID $15 gift card is......... KIM DRESDNER!! Please contact me squirrelgirl44 (at) hotmail (dot) com and I will email the gift card information to you!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!