Monday, April 19, 2010

Running is hard - One mile "sprint" and other musings

So I'm not one of those people that has "natural talent" at running. Meaning? Running is HARD. A lot of the time it is really hard. I don't even know if I like it. So keep all that in mind when you read this. For example. The Boston Marathon is today. Did you know that by my age and gender that I would have to run an 8:40 pace just to qualify? Madness. I maybe could run that pace for a mile. Certainly not a marathon!! With that said... Friday afternoons are a whole different type of workout. Sometimes if I get off early enough, I'll do a training run. I try not to do anything too elaborate because it is typically not a day that I run. But just for fun I did a "sprint" mile (keep in mind that this time includes about 30 seconds of walking and jogging up to pace).


So that very hard mile was followed up with a much easier 50 minutes on the elliptical.

Other random musings... so my sister and I signed up for the BolderBoulder on Friday afternoon. It is probably my least favorite race, but I sorta feel obligated to do it every year. It was the first race I ever did (in 2008) and I guess it's sort of a "benchmark" race to see if I'm getting better/worse, etc. Last year? Sucked. Bad. So I'm not especially looking forward to it. Anyway, we have always done open waves in the past, but needed to get into the fastest wave that the three of us could all do together. So basically we had to base it on MY fastest time (since both my sisters ARE faster). What an ordeal!! My fastest time was the 2009 ColderBoulder and since it is a sister run to the BolderBoulder the application states that they can look up the times for you and you don't need to bring in any documentation. Well. That was sort of misleading. They can look it up for you, it will just take forever. Anyway, in all the commotion, we got put into a wave MUCH faster than I am qualified for... but, if you are running this year, check out team Bee Rad in wave EB.


1 comment:

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (March 5 - March 11)

Tuesday  (15,597 steps) - Peloton rides before work in the office. Went to the gym at lunch for strength training. After work I had to go to...