Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Week in Review (August 6 - August 12)

Tuesday (14,345 steps) - Used the rower before going to work in the office. Cross training at lunch, including the newest addition to my regular weekly workouts - the StairMaster :(
Did some driving after work.
Wednesday (15,296 steps) - Work in the office. Day two of cross training for the week included more weights at lunch and a 30 minute ride. More driving after work.
Thursday (17,403 steps) - Work from home. Waited too long to do my run and it was pretty humid by the time I headed out, but overall it wasn't that bad. Took Olive for a long walk. Did some driving after work.
Friday (15,502 steps) - Wash Park. Work in the office. "Farewell" Torchy's dinner.
Saturday (14.739 steps) - Ben and I went up to Boulder for the Dirt Circus. We opted to do the run solo. Planned on at least 6, but it was muddy and humid so we just did our small loop. 

We both "won" raffles, but I didn't claim mine (don't need a Hoka water bottle) and Ben won socks, but the only ones in his size were a funky pattern he won't wear. We watched the men's Olympic marathon and I think all of us fell asleep on the couch at some point. Ben and I went to 4 Noses since A had plans with her friends.
Sunday (22,238 steps) - Ben and I went for a short run and then I took Olive for a walk while Ben and Ariel loaded up the truck. I cannot believe that A is going to COLLEGE. Mines has an amazing network of students that help with the movie, and I'm not even exaggerating when I say that we had everything up to her room in less than 10 minutes! We "helped" A unpack a bit, but at one point we left to take out recycling and walked around a bit to give her some space. She lucked out and got a GREAT room.

We left A to do more unpacking and went into town for a snack and a beer. We stopped at the grocery store on the way home to get A some snacks for her room. We attended the convocation, which was actually a lot of fun - we just were REALLY thirsty and forgot our water bottles :( Then we went to the family BBQ. So excited we got to meet the mascot, Blaster the Burro.
We walked around campus for a bit with Ariel until it was time for her to go to her building meeting and we had to say goodbye. (I really really cannot believe she is in college. Where did the time go??) We headed up to pick up Olive and tried to go to 4 Noses for a sad beer. It WAS sad, mainly because it was like zillion mile per hour winds, so we grabbed a 4 pack and went home. Watched "most" of the women's Olympic marathon. What a finish!!
Monday (21,919 steps) - Work from home. Went for my run pretty early since the hot temperatures are back. I didn't feel too bad on the run but Strava said this was a harder effort than usual, all while stealing about 10 degrees of my heat acclimation. 
Took Olive for a long walk (first one in a week?). 
Torchy's for lunch. After work I did some driving and picked up my grocery order. Went to 4 Noses and picked up dinner there since the Korean food truck we like was there again. Spicy pork for the win!
Even though the Olympics are officially over, we watched women's platform diving. Might as well since we had to subscribe to Peacock just to watch everything. 

Stats:
  • 121,442 steps
  • 19.43 miles run
  • 17.5 miles walked
  • 65 minutes of cardio
  • 65 minutes of strength

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (September 10 - September 16)

Tuesday  (13,371 steps) - Peloton ride and walked Olive before going in to the office. I actually had planned on being remote, but then I re...