Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Week in Review (July 16 - July 22)

Tuesday (14,124) - Peloton before work, although only a short ride. I was coming up on a milestone strength class, so I actually signed up to do live classes. Unfortunately, it SUCKED. For whatever reason, it kept freezing and losing sound and I probably was only able to do about 15 minutes of 30 minutes total. SO IRRITATING, especially since I had full bars! Ugh!! After work Ben and I met at 4 Noses, then we went to Costco to pick up groceries and last minute stuff for our race.
Wednesday (14,165 steps) - Work in the office. Stopped at home to pick up Olive before going to Louisville for run club. We only did a two mile walk, yay taper! Since Larry didn't show up we decided to do something different and go to 4 Noses for our beers. Leftover pizza for dinner.
Thursday (12,746 steps) - Work from home. It wasn't crazy hot so I didn't have to rush to walk Olive. I spent most of the day gathering all the gear that I need for Summit and preparing my drop bags. 
We went to Torchy's for dinner.
Friday (12,743 steps) - Brought Olive with me to Wash Park for the walk. Worked in the office in the morning to take care of all the work I needed to get done for Joyce and went home at lunch. 
Took Olive for another walk. 
Saturday (10,281 steps) - Finalized all our packing. We had plans to pick up CJ and Nico at the airport and were monitoring CJ's flight. We took Olive for a walk and then went to Parry's for a quick lunch. We were able to find them both without any issues. There was a decent amount of traffic on the way up to the mountains and we stopped at Outer Range and had Paul and Ana meet us there before going to the condo that Paul had rented for everyone. 
We were really surprised to be given the master bedroom! Went for a walk to make sure I got all my steps in.
Later, we all went to get Thai food for dinner. We met up with some other runners, which was fun.
Sunday (12,404 steps) - I had not slept well. It was really hot and stuffy in the bedroom and we couldn't open the window. That was frustrating. We met a bunch of people in the morning for coffee. The day ended up just disappearing when we realized that Jillian (Paul's pacer) and Nico didn't really have all the gear they probably needed. Stops at Sierra and the outlets and a quick beer at the Thirsty Pika!
Then we headed to the condo to grab our stuff so we could go to packet pick up. It ended up pouring rain for that, which was fun since it was outside. 
Photo: Jason Peters

Photo: Jason Peters

Ben, me, Niko, CJ, Jillian, Ana, Paul
We ended up getting a pizza at Whole Foods and grabbing another beer at Outer Range. Suddenly it was time to finish our packing (since we weren't coming back to the bnb) and try to get some sleep.
Monday (108,138 steps) - Summit 200

Stats:
  • 184,601 steps
  • 50ish miles run
  • 17.19 miles walked
  • 15 minutes of cardio
  • 30 minutes of strength

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (September 3 - September 9)

Tuesday  (10,267 steps) - Bonus work from home day since Joyce is on vacation.  Treated myself ot a delicious Dunkin coffee. Walk with Olive...