Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Week in Review (March 26 - April 1)

Tuesday (13, 125 steps) - Overslept a bit because I had forgotten to change my alarm back after not getting up early last week. Still squeezed in a 30 minute Peloton ride before going into the office. Got my strength training done at lunch. Headed over to the NAAC right after work for Ariel's soccer game (which they lost, again).
Wednesday (23,272 steps) - Work in the office. Left work early to head up to Louisville for run club and my workout. Kristin and Larry joined me, which was fun. Took Olive for a walk when I got home.
Thursday (21,841 steps) - Work from home. Went for my run - it wasn't too bad. Bugs are already out. Took Olive for a walk. Ariel and I went to Costco to pick up pizza for lunch. Met with the sprinkler guy so we could get a quote. THEN, went to yet another soccer game (which they also lost).
Friday (17,545 steps) - Wash Park with the gang. Work in the office. Ariel messaged to say that she was going to be playing in the JV game as there were too many kids not able to play. Her game started at 4:30 and by the time I got there it was halftime, and they had already lost. Sigh. 
Saturday (16,684 steps) - Spent a bit of time trying to decide where to do our long run. Took Olive out for a walk before we went down to Deer Creek. I don't go there often because it's so far away, and it had been probably a few years since I had been there last. The lot, thankfully, was nowhere near full. The lower... half mile was fine. 
Then we started to get some snow slopes and mud. Before we knew it - just plain SNOW.

I kept hoping that if we got up high enough that we would get out of the shade and the snow would be more melted. The answer was NO, that never happened.
Most of the trail was at least knee deep and got up to the bottom hem of my shorts in areas. At best, we were barely trudging through the snow at 200 mile pace. It was definitely some type 2 fun.
Our legs were definitely getting cut up from the snow/ice and Ben was losing interest. I agreed to turn around after we got to the trail junction and it was somehow even DEEPER snow.
We saw a few groups of people coming up the trail while we were going down and we were informed that this was the first day the trails had been open since before the big snow weeks ago. There was only one set of prints on our way up, so we were basically breaking trail. Made sense. It actually was a bit better on the way down, and we took the switchbacks back to the lot instead of going back the way we came. Just over 4 miles done, with a real feel of 8-10 miles. Stopped at Parry's on the way home for lunch.
Took Olive for another walk when we got home.
Sunday (24,616 steps) - Thankfully, we had planned our run beforehand. I had told Greg I would do a longer run since Deer Creek had been a bust. We went out to South Table. Sun came out and the weather really did end up being perfect for running.

The only part of the route that seemed to hold water was on Old Quarry - it looked long and treacherous, but it was only a couple inches deep. Yelled at a few bikers for creating a new trail to ride around.
Also, randomly, a guy stopped us and asked if we had been at Deer Creek yesterday. He had talked to us then as well. We were hungry (and I weirdly had forgotten to eat breakfast), so we went to Torchy's to get some food.
Took Olive for a long walk. She was as festive as she could get for Easter, wearing her bee outfit. 
I went out and did some deliveries for a bit, then we went to 4 Noses for a beer and picked up dinner.
We are currently watching "Wednesday," which we both really like.
Monday (18,529 steps) - Work from home. We had all been awoken in the middle of the night by a freak hail/rainstorm. Took Olive for a walk while it still looked relatively dry out. I went for my run right after, and just before I turned to head back home - I noticed the sky looked a bit sketchy:
I got near the library and started to get hit with some light rain and hail. By the time I got home it really started to come down. I'm glad I was done already, because it definitely got worse. 
Did some driving after work and then took Olive for a walk. It had appeared that the rain had diminished, but it had NOT. We were all soaked after just being out for 10 minutes. Spring coming in with a vengeance! 

Stats:
  • 135,612 steps
  • 27.13 miles run
  • 30 minutes of cardio
  • 45 minutes of strength

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 23 to April 29)

Tuesday  (13,393 steps) - Peloton before work and strength training at lunch. The landscapers had been hard at work all day. Crazy how much ...