Friday, January 5, 2024

Week in Review (December 26 - January 1)

Wow, where did 2023 go?! It was not all all sunshine and roses, but it was overall a pretty good year. Onward to 2024.

Tuesday (10,569 steps) - Just because I can, I took the day off since I figured it would be really slow anyway. It was a cross training day, so I rode the bike in the morning. Ariel and I went to get coffee, and suddenly it was already lunch time. Ben and I ran some errands, including returning a freakishly ill-fitting pair of Prana jeans. Unsure of what else we did. I convinced Ariel to join me for a Taylor Swift pilates video. 
Wednesday (24,565 steps) - Work in the office. Read my book at lunch. Headed up to Louisville for my workout. It was actually light for the first few miles!
I had a workout (again) and even though I ran roughly the same pace as last week (and got a break in between) it still felt insanely hard. While running hasn't been "bad" lately, it's certainly felt like a struggle. Headed to the Louisville Roost afterward. Randomly, Terri and I both won the raffles for the Speedlands!! Excited to try out these (very very expensive and niche) trail shoes soon! Took Olive for a short walk when I got home.
Thursday (19,298 steps) - Work from home, yay! I know this has been a short week, but one day in office was PLENTY. Ariel joined me and Olive on a mud route walk. Had an "easy" run to do. It was... ok. After work I set to work on finishing the Christmas puzzle. Probably the longest a puzzle has taken me, but it was 1,000 pieces. Happy to have it done, but it took right up to bedtime. 
Friday (14,701 steps) - Wash Park and Stella's. Work in the office and I got in a a few miles on the treadmill desk. Ben and I went to 4 Noses for happy hour.
Saturday (32,868 steps) - Took Olive for a walk around the neighborhood since we were getting a late start for our weekly long run. I felt like Waterton would be "good" since we hadn't been there in a while. This was one of the worst runs I have had in a LONG time. I didn't enjoy this one at all. 


We went to Parry's for a snack and some delicious Juicy Bits on the way home. Took Olive for another neighborhood loop. 
Sunday (17,991 steps) - Headed to New Terrain to meet up with a few friends for the "Raptor Rim" loop. BPRunCO apparently had the same idea as us, start time and all. This was overall a pretty awful run as well. I felt like complete garbage on most of the climbs.

The way down as a bit better. Got some food from the food truck and had a few beers - picture below courtesy of Doug.
Stopped at our favorite liquor store on the way home for NYE beers. Went to 4 Noses for a beer and to get our monthly growler fill. Took Olive for a walk. Spent NYE on the couch! Watched a movie, a few episodes of "Reacher" and listened to Spotify's 1984 playlist when we realized that a lot of the songs we like are 40(!!) freaking years old. Made it to midnight somehow.
Monday (28,110 steps) - Begrudgingly got up and had coffee and breakfast to meet up with friends for our annual Red Rocks run. Right at 10 am on the dot I was able to sign up for Kettle Moraine 100, although my Ultrasignup gift card didn't apply (??) but just glad to get in since it sells out. Another pretty awful run for me. This was definitely due to all the beer. Almost a dozen of us headed out, with more than half of us planning on doing the full loop. First picture is partially up the Red Rocks road section with everyone.
It had been cold and windy in the parking lot and I was worried I would not be warm enough. As happens every time we do this, it gets warmer for the back half. Thankfully I layered in a way I could easily strip down to a tee.
This was pretty terrible, but that seemed to be the theme of the weekend in running. I did most of my miles with Maureen, and Ben towards the end.

Since Morrison charges for parking now (boo, hiss), we walked back from the free lot to get food at the Holiday Bar. True to my word, no post-run beer for me. Had a random burger with jalapeno cream cheese and some sort of raspberry chipotle. Was tasty! Took Olive for a neighborhood walk. 

Stats:
  • 148,102 steps
  • 41.25 miles run 
  • 45 minutes of cardio
  • 20 minutes of strength

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 23 to April 29)

Tuesday  (13,393 steps) - Peloton before work and strength training at lunch. The landscapers had been hard at work all day. Crazy how much ...