Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Week in Review (November 2 - November 8)

Tuesday (5,153 steps) - Work in the office. Ben took me to work because he was going to take my car to the dealership for an oil change since he had the day off. You know what I don't miss at all? Sitting at the dealership for hours... of course he said it was super quick and easy. When he came to pick me up we stopped at Woods Boss for a beer. Tasty!
Wednesday (6,520 steps) - Work in the office. 45 minute Peloton ride when I got home from work.
Thursday (15,403 steps) - Work from home. Took Pika for a walk at lunch. 
New bench!
After work I did a 3ish mile power hike at the lake - goal to stay around 15 minute miles and I managed mid 14's. Not as fast as the last time I had this workout, but I was under pace, so I'll take it.

Friday (14,187 steps) - Steph had given me a short shake out run, so I headed to Wash Park early to run a loop before hand. I had a pretty scary drive down - had a very aggressive driver nearly run me off the road and spent some time on the phone reporting it. My run was supposed to be "easy," but I was pretty hyped up after the incident, and ran faster than I should have. Walked a loop with the gang, and got coffee before heading into work.
Met up with Ben, Greg, Tyler & Denny after work at New Image.
Saturday (30,831 steps) - Trail Apples 12 Miler! Another free race put on by Roxborough. I didn't have very high hopes for this one as I've barely run since Cloudsplitter. The first four miles were pretty great. Then there was wind and the actual trail section. Still managed to run under 12 minute miles, which is pretty good for me on trails. 



Garmin Time - 2:21:52
Garmin Distance - 11.95 miles
Elevation Gain - 662'
Miles 1-5 - 11:18, 11:11, 11:01, 11:04, 13:03
Miles 6-10 - 12:21, 12:08, 11:24, 11:19, 12:46
Miles 11-12 - 12:26, 12:14

Just like the last race I did with them, they were out of burritos by the time I finished. At least I wasn't last, though!

Took A and a friend to a birthday party event in Denver and I headed over to Dulce's to help her finish her move. The last of the stuff at her apartment was super easy to pack up and we were done really quickly. Once we got the stuff moved into her new place we helped her hang stuff and then had some pizza. Fun night!
Sunday (12,868 steps) - I had been undecided what I was going to run, but when Ben decided he didn't want to do anything early I opted to go to RMRR 5K race at the arsenal. I started WAY too fast, and wasn't able to maintain past the first 2 miles, but still ran faster than my predicted time, so I was happy with that. 
Mile 1ish
Garmin Time - 32:27 (It IS sad that I used to for real run sooo much faster. This was HARD)
Garmin Distance - 3.10 miles
Mile 1 - 9:59
Mile 2 - 10:20
Mile 3 - 11:15
Mile 3.1 - 8:44

I stuck around after was finished to chat a bit, I haven't been to an RMRR race in many months. Most of the people I knew were running the 15K, however, and weren't going to be done for a long time.

Headed home to change and then Ben and I grabbed Pika and headed over to North Table for BPRunCo's "Big Backhard." It was so hot out, and I can't believe people were running so many loops! Good to see people. We had planned on going to New Terrain, but with the nice weather it was packed, so we went to Luki instead.
Monday (8,558 steps) - Work from home. Took Pika for a walk at lunch. That's it? Still covering for a girl that has been out since BEFORE Cloudsplitter after testing positive for Covid. Don't think she is actually still sick, but our work requires a negative test AND doctor's note if you've been out longer than two weeks. Definitely over 4 weeks now, so I guess this is my life now.

Stats:
  • 93,520 steps
  • 20.47 miles run
  • 45 minutes of cardio
  • 0 minutes of strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 16 - April 22)

Tuesday  (43,134 steps) - the end of Southern States 200 ! After I loaded up my drop bags I was suddenly exhausted. I knew there was no way ...